Thread: RE: 297km/h Passat TSI - WOW!

Users Country Flag

RE: 297km/h Passat TSI - WOW!

I just found this clip on YouTube with a B8 Passat TSI Wagon hitting 297km/h on the Autobahn.
    Not sure what they are saying, but the laughter says it all!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_xgbFohAB4
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

wow, thats impressive..... so quiet considering its a 2.0L making 480ps.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    hmm......... not quite as impressive as the 2.0L 480 ps, but still respectable for a 1.4lt 104KW golf mk7 (I think). Taking one hand off the steering wheel to hold the SLR camera (for the picture) was perhaps the scariest/most-foolish part of the exercise - no passenger and no autobahns (definitely not recommended for the feint of heart, or anyone with any sense)!

Don

Last edited by DV52; 21-06-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    I just found this clip on YouTube with a B8 Passat TSI Wagon hitting 297km/h on the Autobahn.
    Not sure what they are saying, but the laughter says it all!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_xgbFohAB4
    Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed that video. I was wondering why my family car had g force and power and turbo pressure reading as an item in the display. I guess they weren't aiming those features at me.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    hmm......... not quite as impressive as the 2.0L 480 ps, but still respectable for a 1.4lt 104KW golf mk7 (I think). Taking one hand off the steering wheel to hold the SLR camera (for the picture) was perhaps the scariest/most-foolish part of the exercise - no passenger and no autobahns (definitely not recommended for the feint of heart, or anyone with any sense)!

Don

Interesting it was in 6th and not 7th. Must've had the foot planted and not enough power to push faster in the higher gear?