Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Query - 2017 Passat 206 TSI R - Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Goublin View Post
    See my previous post on my mods. Ill post a pic of the engine. I've done the stage 2 + OEM/ racing line and some neuspeed parts.

I went to willow bank on saturday and did 5 runs all around 12.3.

My best run was 12.106 115mph......just wouldnt let me get the 11s.... though i had to ease off the launch control as the start was not what it should be. I after a few tweaks i think i can get 11s. Either way its very quick.

Attachment 33873
    Nice, well done! Probably the fastest Passat in Australia .

What were the issues you were having with Launch Control, and was it slipping the front wheels much?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post

What were the issues you were having with Launch Control, and was it slipping the front wheels much?

Sorry for the late reply, blew my turbo 2 weeks ago. Just had it fixed.

I think with the extra power it struggles at 4000 rpm and jolts before powering off. I have installed a performance dog bone which may help. If the launch control could be set st 3500 -3700 i think with the extra power would balance the launch.

I got the car on the Dyno and it was running 289 KW at the wheels. We swapped the stock plasma coils to some okada as im running RS7 plugs. It dropped 10kw, not sure why.... kept the okadas on as ill see how it runs. Baffled why it dropped. I wasnt expecting massive gains, but not a drop.

Sorry for the late reply, blew my turbo 2 weeks ago. Just had it fixed.

I think with the extra power it struggles at 4000 rpm and jolts before powering off. I have installed a performance dog bone which may help. If the launch control could be set st 3500 -3700 i think with the extra power would balance the launch.

I got the car on the Dyno and it was running 289 KW at the wheels. We swapped the stock plasma coils to some okada as im running RS7 plugs. It dropped 10kw, not sure why.... kept the okadas on as ill see how it runs. Baffled why it dropped. I wasnt expecting massive gains, but not a drop.
    Bugger about your turbo. What part died, the seal? Was it expensive to fix?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag

Jolting. I should of lowered the tyres PSI which i will try next time. The 60 foot was terrible. The ECS dog bone i installed should help. The car is currently having a few final tweak on the tune. The guys at Harding Performance have been fantastic. After the last dyno and the new mods they want to make sure it is all working well. I cant recommend them highly enough.

They also discussed 2 launch control setting that was interesting.

Do you know what power you JB4 is giving you?

Jolting. I should of lowered the tyres PSI which i will try next time. The 60 foot was terrible. The ECS dog bone i installed should help. The car is currently having a few final tweak on the tune. The guys at Harding Performance have been fantastic. After the last dyno and the new mods they want to make sure it is all working well. I cant recommend them highly enough.

They also discussed 2 launch control setting that was interesting.

Do you know what power you JB4 is giving you?
    Not sure. I'm guessing about the same as whatever anyone gets on their MK7R's.

Users Country Flag
    Bugger about your turbo. What part died, the seal? Was it expensive to fix?

shaft snapped shot down the cat. Think a seal cracked too. I got a deal on low k golf turbo that was one of teh newer turbos. wasnt cheap, but better than going direct to VW

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, I just bought a Passat R line after having my car written off. Now I have been trying to get some info on basic mods to make it a little bit more fun - I posted in a couple other threads but I think this will be the best one to get some info from people who have done it.

Essentially I would probably like a little more power and responsiveness. Nothing crazy, and certainly nothing that will likely blow the engine/DGS quickly as I hope to keep the car for 3-4 years.

From skim reading this thread I see that there is a ECU hack that will aid in some responsiveness with detrimental effects to TCS?

More than likely I will look into a AFR Stage 1, I wouldn't be driving like its stolen as its meant to be my "sensible" car as opposed to my Mustang before Anyone have any first hand bad experiences of know of any with Stage 1 when properly maintained etc?

What plugs do people on the tune run? what gap?

Can anyone suggest what the cost of the tune would be from experience?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought a Passat R line after having my car written off. Now I have been trying to get some info on basic mods to make it a little bit more fun - I posted in a couple other threads but I think this will be the best one to get some info from people who have done it.

Essentially I would probably like a little more power and responsiveness. Nothing crazy, and certainly nothing that will likely blow the engine/DGS quickly as I hope to keep the car for 3-4 years.

From skim reading this thread I see that there is a ECU hack that will aid in some responsiveness with detrimental effects to TCS?

More than likely I will look into a AFR Stage 1, I wouldn't be driving like its stolen as its meant to be my "sensible" car as opposed to my Mustang before Anyone have any first hand bad experiences of know of any with Stage 1 when properly maintained etc?

What plugs do people on the tune run? what gap?

Can anyone suggest what the cost of the tune would be from experience?
    Depends what you’re trying to achieve mate….. think about that. Do you want just a stage 1 or 2 or 2 + then bigger turbo. I’m at stage 2 + and I’m looking at the TTE470 rather than a 500-550 turbo as I want to still have as a daily and turbo spool the same.

Would I put a flash tune such as APR on my Passat knowing what I know now? (two blown turbos) NO!
    The Passat TSI may have the same engine as the golf r, but their operating systems are completely different. So if you get a tune that has essentially been developed for the golf R….good luck. They have the same soft ware as the skoda superbs FYI

My best advice would be go to a company like etuners who will give you a custom tune on a dyno, that will be smooth and bespoke to your car. Cost, again depends on who but $1200 -1600 for a bespoke tune is better than 800-1000 flash tune.

In regards to hardware, like I said, depends on what you want to achieve, but this is where you can buy the same stuff as the golf R mark 7 EA888 engine.

Ton answer your other question, i have RS7 spark plugs, come gapped in box. Also running okada plasma coils.

Users Country Flag
    Depends what you’re trying to achieve mate….. think about that. Do you want just a stage 1 or 2 or 2 + then bigger turbo. I’m at stage 2 + and I’m looking at the TTE470 rather than a 500-550 turbo as I want to still have as a daily and turbo spool the same.

Would I put a flash tune such as APR on my Passat knowing what I know now? (two blown turbos) NO!
    The Passat TSI may have the same engine as the golf r, but their operating systems are completely different. So if you get a tune that has essentially been developed for the golf R….good luck. They have the same soft ware as the skoda superbs FYI

My best advice would be go to a company like etuners who will give you a custom tune on a dyno, that will be smooth and bespoke to your car. Cost, again depends on who but $1200 -1600 for a bespoke tune is better than 800-1000 flash tune.

In regards to hardware, like I said, depends on what you want to achieve, but this is where you can buy the same stuff as the golf R mark 7 EA888 engine.

Ton answer your other question, i have RS7 spark plugs, come gapped in box. Also running okada plasma coils.
    Yeah I got a quote of $1400 for an OTS retune and thats just laughable. I am hoping Cobb release software compatible for the Passat like they have with the Rline as I loved my Cobb AP3 and then I can throw in a custom pro tune on it and at least have it done like you said tailored to my car.

I think people are crazy spending that much money on a simple OTS tune that just messes with the stock calibration.. anyway each to their own I'd rather not bother than do a tune I can't monitor as I did with my Cobb AP. When I saw large negative corrections I had a chance to work out what it was and get it sorted/retuned.. if I didnt have it, more than likely my motor would have blown.

Thanks for your reply. Looks like you have one fast R Line..

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Yeah I got a quote of $1400 for an OTS retune and thats just laughable. I am hoping Cobb release software compatible for the Passat like they have with the Rline as I loved my Cobb AP3 and then I can throw in a custom pro tune on it and at least have it done like you said tailored to my car.

I think people are crazy spending that much money on a simple OTS tune that just messes with the stock calibration.. anyway each to their own I'd rather not bother than do a tune I can't monitor as I did with my Cobb AP. When I saw large negative corrections I had a chance to work out what it was and get it sorted/retuned.. if I didnt have it, more than likely my motor would have blown.

Thanks for your reply. Looks like you have one fast R Line..
    Like a say bro, each to their own, but there is plenty you can do. Im going to look at the TTE470 in the next few months. The car did a 12.106 qtr mile, but the retune has made the car smoother, so be interesting to see what it does now. I reckon mid 11s with the new turbo. im getting teh p3 so I can monitor it and run some times. But im balls deep now. warranty gone....lol

I also occasionally use e85 I have a spread sheet for the amounts for our car. DM me and ill send it you if you're interested.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast