Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Query - 2017 Passat 206 TSI R - Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Hi all,please advise what you mean by both hacks, i am only aware of the Audi one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I'm talking about the same change being the Audi one under the engine control module options. I was fumbling around on the browser on my phone when I posted that so it was a bit of a mish mash.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

I should mention that my test conditions weren't perfectly replicated, but I did my best to use the same sections of road/track to test my findings as well as roughly the same amount of water on the road.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    I done 5k on the audi engine mod only nothing bad to report. Wont be doing the second diff mod me thinks. appreciated the feedback on your trial s

I done 5k on the audi engine mod only nothing bad to report. Wont be doing the second diff mod me thinks. appreciated the feedback on your trial s

For every day driving I would imagine it would be more than fine and it's a huge plus for driveability.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    For every day driving I would imagine it would be more than fine and it's a huge plus for driveability.
    Please expand on daily drive impact postives ?

Users Country Flag
    I've found the positiveimpact to the Audi hack is;
    · Quicker off the lights
    · Pulling out in traffic easier
    · Getting through round abouts easier
    · Overtaking
    · Slightly increased heart rate
    Negative impacts areprobably below;
    · Easier to brake traction
    · Tyre wear would increase
    · Maybe more speeding tickets
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DR074 View Post
    I've found the positiveimpact to the Audi hack is;
    · Quicker off the lights
    · Pulling out in traffic easier
    · Getting through round abouts easier
    · Overtaking
    · Slightly increased heart rate
    Negative impacts areprobably below;
    · Easier to brake traction
    · Tyre wear would increase
    · Maybe more speeding tickets
    Which hack engine or diff...like it DR rather humorous ...

Users Country Flag
    Thanks, wife doesn't think so.

I changed Engine Control Unit coding to Audi (byte 0, bit 0 - 2 from memory)
    Then I changed AWD Control Unit adaption setting for Wiring Logic to Increased Traction, to offset the wheel spin from the Engine code change.

I didn't actually try the ABS Unit Change for Expanded Diff as I saw somewhere it used the brakes to control the car. I think this is the one Wynnston was saying was dangerous as well. Brake lockups on ice aren't that great.

I like the changes for around town driving. Peps it up a bit.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Please expand on daily drive impact postives ?

Pros:

Better throttle response allows you to feel more in control. A delayed throttle makes you feel more disconnected, almost like having sluggish/sloppy steering.

In start stop traffic, the car is more responsive so you don't need as much throttle and you don't have that delayed jerk in acceleration which feels very much like turbo lag.

Cons:

Slight increase in chance of traction loss which I believe is caused by a less reactive Haldex system, also issues with launch control (won't affect most people). This may be completely moot for people that either don't use launch control or don't have a tune.

Yes it's a Passat and I would imagine a lot of people won't tune their car or drive it like a yob, but this is a tuning thread
    Last edited by Wynnston; 28-04-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    JB4 and Res Delete, but the Res Delete is obviously not going to give me any more power. What are you running to get the 12.7?
    See my previous post on my mods. Ill post a pic of the engine. I've done the stage 2 + OEM/ racing line and some neuspeed parts.

I went to willow bank on saturday and did 5 runs all around 12.3.

My best run was 12.106 115mph......just wouldnt let me get the 11s.... though i had to ease off the launch control as the start was not what it should be. I after a few tweaks i think i can get 11s. Either way its very quick.

Query - 2017 Passat 206 TSI R - Tuning-car1-jpg
    Last edited by Goublin; 30-04-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast