Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passat - Dynaudio

I'm using a 5 Channel Alpine Amp, Audison Bit Ten and a Rockford 12" P2 Sub. All stock speakers are plumbed through the AMP, and the Sub is driven from the same AMP. Just adding the amp is a huge improvement over stock, the Audison (DSP) helps clean up the signal and the Sub takes the bass off the speakers. A very cost effective combo. I think it was $1500 ish all in. Next upgrade will be the front speakers.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Has/would anyone look into something like the following?

For Passat B8L Dynaudio Speakers Set (4 Tweeter/4 Woofer/2 Alto/1 Center/1 Subwoofer/1 Amplifier) With Cable
    For Passat B8L Dynaudio Speakers Set (4 Tweeter/4 Woofer/2 Alto/1 Center/1 Subwoofer/1 Amplifier) With Cable-in Speakers Sets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Tempting price point but obviously concerns with authenticity of the products. I'm looking into a dynaudio (or something of equivalent capability) retrofit for my new 206 wagon.

The package above obviously sits right up there when it comes to price and probably has a bigger risk compared to buying off the shelf items but if it all comes together it's a pretty competitive price for what has been reviewed to be a very capable OEM system.

Users Country Flag
    Pretty sure you need a MIB2 head unit that has optical output for the amp. So unless you are buying that head unit, that dynaudio speakers set won't work. For what's it worth, I checked dynaudio in Arteon and the aftermarket set I have in my Passat sounds way better.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    From what I've been able to tell, the Discover pro 9.2" head unit that comes with the '18 r line Passat has the same part number whether the dynaudio pack is selected or not, which leads me to believe that on the back of my head unit (in the glove box) there should be a "MOST" optical connection. I'm hoping it is just a case of plugging it in and toggling a few bits in VCDS to tell the head unit to use the external amp and away we go.

Interesting to hear regarding the arteon! I haven't had the chance to have a listen but it seemed to be quite a well reviewed system. I'm just finding the bass a bit lacking and like the idea of a centre speaker to help tie the vocals to the centre of the car, finding I am painfully aware of exactly where the vocals are coming from in my door panel.
    MY18 - VW Passat 206 TSI - R Line Wagon in Silver

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mozzieT View Post
    From what I've been able to tell, the Discover pro 9.2" head unit that comes with the '18 r line Passat has the same part number whether the dynaudio pack is selected or not, which leads me to believe that on the back of my head unit (in the glove box) there should be a "MOST" optical connection. I'm hoping it is just a case of plugging it in and toggling a few bits in VCDS to tell the head unit to use the external amp and away we go.

Interesting to hear regarding the arteon! I haven't had the chance to have a listen but it seemed to be quite a well reviewed system. I'm just finding the bass a bit lacking and like the idea of a centre speaker to help tie the vocals to the centre of the car, finding I am painfully aware of exactly where the vocals are coming from in my door panel.
    The active info display also needs an optical input from the head unit.
    So if you have a head unit that has the maps on internal storage rather than on am sdcard in the slot, you have a discover pro that has an optical output on the back
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12