Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Passat B8 MY18 updates

Users Country Flag

Any idea when the next batch of MY17 or MY18 Alltracks is getting delivered?

Users Country Flag
    I've just been informed by my dealer that my MY18 206tsi r-line wagon is on the docks in Germany and should be here Mid September. I ordered it end of May through SG Fleet. I had to pick one of the new MY18 colours (Pyrite metallic silver) as the MY17 colour I was after was no longer available.

Apart from that i'm not completely sure what the full upgrades or changes are to the new MY18 model (although the German VW website gives me some idea along with some of the other posted comments here)

Users Country Flag
    I think the main change will be the updated Discovery Pro 2 screen

Users Country Flag
    Thanks, I think you are spot on.

I'm a bit dubious because I have to say goodbye to my pride and joy, my 2013 V6 AWD Wagon...geez that V6 is going to take some beating! Not one issue in 4 years of ownership - to think I used to be an unshakeable Subaru man!

I can't believe how little info there is on this. Anywhere. Anyone know for sure? We seem to know all about tiguan and golf updates

Passat B8 MY18 updates

OK here's the list of changes for MY18 Passat and Passat Alltrack

• New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
    • Media Control has been introduced to all models
    • 2 (Apple compatible) USB ports in the front for all models
    • New driver assistance functions – Manoeuvre braking, front and rear on all models
    • The following paint colours have been discontinued:
    • Reflex Silver
    • Tungsten Silver Metallic
    • Indium Grey Metallic
    • Night Blue Metallic
    • New paint colours:
    • Pyrit Silver Metallic
    • Manganese Grey Metallic
    • The Passat Alltrack 18" Kalamata alloy wheel is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
    • Easy Entry/Easy Exit function as standard for electric seats with memory (not 132TSI)
    • The disable function for the alarm system interior monitoring is operated via the infotainment system rather than a button on the B-Pillar (Highline, 206TSI R-Line and Alltrack)
    • The internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
    • The "BlueMotion Technology" badge has been removed, however BlueMotion Technology features and functionality remain unchanged

So yes the major changes are the new Discover Media head units and probably the paint/colour changes.
    Last edited by tigger73; 12-08-2017 at 07:49 AM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Thanks tigger. You did that easy! (I did try, promise!)

Some good changes confirmed there. 7 sp wet clutch and the Golf R power bump would have tempted me into a 206 wagon. Maybe next year

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Thanks tigger. You did that easy! (I did try, promise!)
    No problems. Sorry I hadn't got around to posting the list of changes for MY18 here. As you said it had been confirmed for a few other models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Some good changes confirmed there. 7 sp wet clutch and the Golf R power bump would have tempted me into a 206 wagon. Maybe next year
    I think the Passat is in the same boat as the Tiguan - too early in the model life to make such large changes as motor and drivetrain updates. My guess is that these will be in a mid-model life refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    OK here's the list of changes for MY18 Passat and Passat Alltrack

• New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
    • Media Control has been introduced to all models
    • 2 (Apple compatible) USB ports in the front for all models
    • New driver assistance functions – Manoeuvre braking, front and rear on all models
    • The following paint colours have been discontinued:
    • Reflex Silver
    • Tungsten Silver Metallic
    • Indium Grey Metallic
    • Night Blue Metallic
    • New paint colours:
    • Pyrit Silver Metallic
    • Manganese Grey Metallic
    • The Passat Alltrack 18" Kalamata alloy wheel is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
    • Easy Entry/Easy Exit function as standard for electric seats with memory (not 132TSI)
    • The disable function for the alarm system interior monitoring is operated via the infotainment system rather than a button on the B-Pillar (Highline, 206TSI R-Line and Alltrack)
    • The internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
    • The "BlueMotion Technology" badge has been removed, however BlueMotion Technology features and functionality remain unchanged

So yes the major changes are the new Discover Media head units and probably the paint/colour changes.
    Volkswagen must have hired someone from Apple to spec this update. "Shh, let's not give them all the current industry leading tech but introduce it in the MY 18.5/19 and make out that it's groundbreaking technology"
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    Volkswagen must have hired someone from Apple to spec this update. "Shh, let's not give them all the current industry leading tech but introduce it in the MY 18.5/19 and make out that it's groundbreaking technology"
    Have to drip feed out the options/updates to try and keep the model "fresh".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123