Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    Any idea when its due for release? I'm in the market mid year and wouldn't buy one without a VC particularly when it's clearly now available and fitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    ...in the Incoming section for Jan/Feb...
    About then.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    Looks like the local dealers know about this car, so I'm trying to get some details. I'll let you know if I find out anything interesting!

Users Country Flag
    Fantastic, please pass on details as the dealer I tried in Melbourne's West has yet to return a promised call on further info (waiting a week now )

Users Country Flag
    Passat Alltrack Wolfburg Edition ($54,990 before onroads)

Special model standard equipment over and above the Passat Alltrack 140TDI model:

- Black Nappa Leather
    - Active Info Display
    - 19" Albertville alloys
    - Adaptive Chassis Control
    - LED headlights with LED daytime running lights*
    - Premium LED tail lights
    - Ambient interior lighting
    - Easy open & close tailgate
    - Titanium black headliner
    - Aluminium 'Wave' dash inserts
    - Piano black centre console
    - Steering wheel paddles
    - Tinted (65%) rear windows
    - Wolfburg crest on tailgate

The headlights are special - "The Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg features new LED headlights never before seen in Australia. The create a new daytime light signature with two small LEDs in the main light modules with a row of 12 bi-colour LEDs below. The row of LEDs is illuminated orange to become the turn signal. The LED headlights are static, meaning they don't swivel when turning the steering wheel like the Dynamic LED headlights found in the Luxury Package. However they produce a brighter wide light using less energy than the standard halogen headlights."

So it sounds like a "midrange" headlight setup to me.

Colours:
    - Pure White
    - Iridium Grey Metallic
    - Crimson Red Metallic

Options:
    - Panoramic Glass Roof

I think I would still rather go the Passat 206TSI.

Users Country Flag
    It's almost a diesel 206TSI... which is $5,000 cheaper!

I've noticed my 206TSI is drinking like a fish... nothing I do can get it under 10L/100kms. It's usually around 14L/100kms. Having had one for a few months, I would be tempted to go with one of these!
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post

I've noticed my 206TSI is drinking like a fish... nothing I do can get it under 10L/100kms. It's usually around 14L/100kms. Having had one for a few months, I would be tempted to go with one of these!
    That's a lot of fuel. I was definitely hoping it would do better than that if I get one. Do you drive it pretty hard?

Users Country Flag

Must be all town driving chopper? Mine over its 10,000kms is averaging 8.9L/100kms overall.
    Now: MY16 VW Passat 206TSI R-Line 4motion
    Before: MY14 Skoda Octavia VRS TDI Manual, MY10 Skoda Scout TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TailsK View Post
    That's a lot of fuel. I was definitely hoping it would do better than that if I get one. Do you drive it pretty hard?
    I've stopped driving it hard in Sport and I'm now driving it like a Nanna in Eco to see if it makes a huge difference... it does!

Quote Originally Posted by snala View Post
    Must be all town driving chopper? Mine over its 10,000kms is averaging 8.9L/100kms overall.
    Yeah... probably 80% town driving! It does do much better on country hops... but they're few and far between. I've only got about 2,000 on the clock... maybe she'll also loosen up a bit?

With the diesel... it would be a touch slower, but you could punt it hard all day and still get 6-7L/100 I'd reckon.. and the way I have to drive the 206 to get decent fuel figures, it would be similar times. I didn't like the Alltrack because it had no digital display, the Silver interior (not piano black), no 19s etc. This Wolfsburg edition fixes all that... it would probably be a very sweet car!

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag
    With the diesel... it would be a touch slower, but you could punt it hard all day and still get 6-7L/100 I'd reckon.. and the way I have to drive the 206 to get decent fuel figures, it would be similar times. I didn't like the Alltrack because it had no digital display, the Silver interior (not piano black), no 19s etc. This Wolfsburg edition fixes all that... it would probably be a very sweet car!
    Sure a diesel will get better fuel economy than a petrol, but is it really as appealing to drive? Especially a performance based one like the 206TSI? Don't forget all savings a diesel might seem to have over a petrol are pretty much eroded when you factor in the cost of replacing the DPF, not to mention having to top up with Adblue and having that SCR system serviced as well.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    Sure a diesel will get better fuel economy than a petrol, but is it really as appealing to drive? Especially a performance based one like the 206TSI? Don't forget all savings a diesel might seem to have over a petrol are pretty much eroded when you factor in the cost of replacing the DPF, not to mention having to top up with Adblue and having that SCR system serviced as well.
    I get what you mean... but,

1. I don't often keep them long enough to have to worry about those things!

2. The 206 doesn't feel especially fast! (Not anymore anyways!) It feels more like a rapid wagon... not a sporty type car. I don't attack a set of bends in it thinking 'this is awesome' like I used to in a GTI... more like 'this is better than most other wagons'. I think the Alltrack with adaptive CC would be good too!

3. Not sure why I'm worried about fuel use really... it just seems to REALLY like a drink!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast