Thread: Obdeleven on a passat b8

Obdeleven on a passat b8

Hi Folks,
    Am keen to understand exactly how you guys are getting the obd dongle connected to the Passat b8. Mine works on my jetta, but I cannot get it connected on the Passat. Have cleared the app cache. Pairs with Bluetooth on the phone. Tried it with doors unlocked etc. The app will not pickup the car...☹️

Users Country Flag
    Are you using the dongle with a 'port extender' needed for connection to a B8 Passat?
    More details here: OBDeleven PRO Diagnostic System – Audi, Skoda & Volkswagen – AutoInstruct

Yes I am.

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ what are the LEDs on the dongle doing? Is the yellow LED blinking?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

LED's are red. When I attempt to connect, the green ones blink and then they go back to reduce. Get the message make sure ignition is on

Quote Originally Posted by momall View Post
    LED's are red. When I attempt to connect, the green ones blink and then they go back to reduce. Get the message make sure ignition is on
    You also need to make sure you have an active internet connection on your device. I got stumped with that one for a while.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Don was right... I was using a cheaper extender. Bought the correct one from autoinstruct and all is good...
    Newbie blues...
    Got traffic and convenient centre entry coded...
    Thanks All