Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Users Country Flag

Hi all,

Has anyone here done a tune or chip to get rid of the lag in first gear. I test drove the new 206 R, but found the sluggishness from a standing start annoying coming from the V6. In fact after the test drive got back in mine and decided not to upgrade.

I understand turbo lag V NA, but with tuning can the sluggishness be removed?

Many thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone here done a tune or chip to get rid of the lag in first gear. I test drove the new 206 R, but found the sluggishness from a standing start annoying coming from the V6. In fact after the test drive got back in mine and decided not to upgrade.

I understand turbo lag V NA, but with tuning can the sluggishness be removed?

Many thanks in advance.
    Slightly left field answer, but have you tried a Golf R wagon? I test drove one before getting my Alltrack and was very impressed, zero lag. Also tested an Arteon and while I loved the looks, could never live with the lag.

Cheers,
    karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    Slightly left field answer, but have you tried a Golf R wagon? I test drove one before getting my Alltrack and was very impressed, zero lag. Also tested an Arteon and while I loved the looks, could never live with the lag.

Cheers,
    karl
    There is a VCDS "Hack" where you tell it that you have an Audi engine and it fixes it, but it also stuffs up the TCS/LC system and it goes a bit funny. A throttle controller like a sprint booster will fix it. The lag is deliberate for some stupid reason.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    I have had the Audi hack and the XDS to increased traction hack for about a month now and have not seen any dramas. I don't get much lag now (if any at all), but the car was a bit laggy before the hacks.

I thought it would use more fuel, however fuel economy seems to be slightly better with these hacks in place. I can't confirm or deny the delta in my driving styles though, before and after hacks.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    Hi Wynnston,

How is driving the car without TCS? I am a bit worried about having that off.

DR074 did you do the hack? Has it disabled your TCS? Is it a simple 5 minute job just to plug in and change the code to Audi?

Thx

Users Country Flag
    Hi Wynnston,

DR074 did you do the hack? Has it disabled your TCS?

Thx
    Working normal after tuning the coding to Audi in Engine Section by OBDELEVEN

Nothing noticed with TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi Wynnston,

DR074 did you do the hack? Has it disabled your TCS? Is it a simple 5 minute job just to plug in and change the code to Audi?

Thx
    Yep, did the Audi change, throttle response is better, noticeable difference. It didn't disable my TCS. I think what Wynnston is saying is, that because of the increase in throttle response, its easier to brake traction (wheel spin). The TCS doesn't take the Audi change into consideration and doesn't work as he expected. Wynnston, correct me if i'm wrong.

Personally, it works for me.

Yeah, 5 min job.

Hi Wynnston,

Thx
    It doesn't disable TCS, nor does it throw any faults on the car. I am just saying that the TCS system goes a little funny (yes I know, not scientific). I'm guessing its either because the Haldex isn't keeping up or that it's just not calibrated to the conditions (not as reactive as it should be). We got a spurt of wet days over here and I had a chance to run the car down the drag strip last wednesday (it wasn't wet that afternoon). The XDS adjustment might be the solution, but I'm a little apprehensive to go that far.

While I still have a lot of tread on my tyres, it is worth noting that they have 36k kms on them now, so slight changes in tyre wear might make it more noticeable.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    I guess the good thing about the car, is that no matter your driving style or what sort of driving you are doing (Track, Drag strip, Highway or City driving), its pretty adjustable and gains in performance are obtainable.

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the info guys.

Wynnston what times did you do for the 1/4 with the Audi hack?

Thanks

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast