Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

I'm in Germany at the moment on holiday and I've not seen one 206 either sedan or wagon, the last one I saw was in Czech Republic of all places two weeks ago, the home of Skoda.
    Admittedly I haven't ventured to far just yet but i thought if I were to see any it would be here in Germany.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 206Harvard View Post
    I'm in Germany at the moment on holiday and I've not seen one 206 either sedan or wagon, the last one I saw was in Czech Republic of all places two weeks ago, the home of Skoda.
    Admittedly I haven't ventured to far just yet but i thought if I were to see any it would be here in Germany.
    They haven't had the 206 petrol VW in Germany or the UK up until now. The diesels are way more popular and taxed to promote that so the high level Passat in Germany is the twin turbo 178kw motor version. Think recently the 206 version has become available somebody mentioned but no tests on it yet I've found.
    We have had both cars here in NZ since Nov 2015 so very much market dependent. I've had mine for just about 12 months now.
    Now: MY16 VW Passat 206TSI R-Line 4motion
    Before: MY14 Skoda Octavia VRS TDI Manual, MY10 Skoda Scout TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Can anyone confirmed that these Passat 206TSI are being discontinued by VW Australia in favour of the Arteon 206TSI?

I doubt it. I think they'll just run it side by side with the regular Passat - just like the CC used to.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by snala View Post
    They haven't had the 206 petrol VW in Germany or the UK up until now. The diesels are way more popular and taxed to promote that so the high level Passat in Germany is the twin turbo 178kw motor version. Think recently the 206 version has become available somebody mentioned but no tests on it yet I've found.
    We have had both cars here in NZ since Nov 2015 so very much market dependent. I've had mine for just about 12 months now.
    Ok, i thought the diesels would be more popular, most cars here seem to be but I didn't realise the 206 wasn't even available.
    I heard that in a few years time, diesels will be banned from some cities altogether.

Users Country Flag
    Ok, i thought the diesels would be more popular, most cars here seem to be but I didn't realise the 206 wasn't even available.
    I heard that in a few years time, diesels will be banned from some cities altogether.
    It's the old news my friend.
    Some cities already banned ALL cars entry, several years ago. Though only in some European countries like Switzerland and only one city I know of.

The fake medias are just manipulating your mind into believe that only the diesels will be banned. It won't happen in Australia. Just look at the age of many cars on our roads. If only they were replaced with a new diesels our air would be better, especially in the cities.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkank View Post
    Can anyone confirmed that these Passat 206TSI are being discontinued by VW Australia in favour of the Arteon 206TSI?
    They will both be sold. The Arteon actually sits above the Passat in the VW range.

Users Country Flag
    Been quoted $61k for a 2016 MY17 demo with less than 100km milleage & $59k for a 2017 MY18 Tiggy 162TSI - seeking advice on what would be a better buy? Wifey likes the high-riding SUV driving position & ground clearance of the Tiggy but I do prefer the Passat for the power & handling despite being a bigger car. Rear legroom seems to be pretty close but with rear facing child seats the Passat comes on top. Decisions decisions!

The Tiggy has 5-7 months waiting period too so that kinda annoys me.

PS: Is $61k a good deal for the Passat? I do note that some managed to get down to $57k for the Tiggy but my dealer wouldn't budge.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzee View Post
    Been quoted $61k for a 2016 MY17 demo with less than 100km milleage & $59k for a 2017 MY18 Tiggy 162TSI - seeking advice on what would be a better buy? Wifey likes the high-riding SUV driving position & ground clearance of the Tiggy but I do prefer the Passat for the power & handling despite being a bigger car. Rear legroom seems to be pretty close but with rear facing child seats the Passat comes on top. Decisions decisions!

The Tiggy has 5-7 months waiting period too so that kinda annoys me.

PS: Is $61k a good deal for the Passat? I do note that some managed to get down to $57k for the Tiggy but my dealer wouldn't budge.
    I was in a similar dilemma a few months ago, ended up with a Skoda Superb 206 instead due to the long wait of the Tiguan and the Passat 206 Sedan being not as very practical especially if you want to put lots of stuffs in the boot for camping (esky, prams, clothing, toys etc).
    I reckon resell value of the Tiguan will be much better than both the Passat and Superb. If you can wait I reckon Tiguan will be better bet or wait for the Arteon 206.
    I got quoted 58k driveaway (no sunroof) and 55k for Tiguan (no sunroof). I reckon they can do better than 61k especially with the Arteon coming into the market soon.

Isn't just called a Passat 2.0TSi 280 (280ps = 206kw)

Aug 2015
    https://youtu.be/QuZ3UowVSKs

Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast