Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Users Country Flag

Hey guys, has anyone had any infotainment gremlins in their 206? The central nav maps work OK but I keep getting 'Starting Map View' circling in the dash view but with no maps. Also when using the steering wheel buttons to change radio to the next station it chooses some random station instead of the next one to the left or right. Keen to hear if any issues?
    VW Passat 206TSI Wagon - Lapiz Blue - Sunroof
    VW Polo GTI - Black Pearl - Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by 206er View Post
    Hey guys, has anyone had any infotainment gremlins in their 206? The central nav maps work OK but I keep getting 'Starting Map View' circling in the dash view but with no maps. Also when using the steering wheel buttons to change radio to the next station it chooses some random station instead of the next one to the left or right. Keen to hear if any issues?
    For the radio station you can select in the menu whether you want the next button to cycle the favourites or the list they stored in. I think the default is the list which isn't what you expect when you hit next station. Changing this to favourite should make it more intuitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deep Black MY10 R36 Sedan

Users Country Flag
    Anyone considering one of these Arteon's?

2018 Volkswagen Arteon: Australian details confirmed

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Anyone considering one of these Arteon's?

2018 Volkswagen Arteon: Australian details confirmed
    Yep, my wife.

She has a 2016 model 132TSI Comfortline. Loves the size and comfort that the Passat-sized vehicle brings, just would like something "spunkier" for want of a better term. So in a couple to 3 years time... She loves the look of the Arteon - just a matter of what it's like "in the flesh" so to speak.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Cool, thanks for the fix age7875, that worked. Not sure how it got changed but all good back to normal. The map issue seems to have fixed itself now too after not working for a few days.........fingers crossed stays that way. Cheers
    VW Passat 206TSI Wagon - Lapiz Blue - Sunroof
    VW Polo GTI - Black Pearl - Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    I'd say check with your local dealer, but I had to tell my dealer that the 206 existed in the first place.

I don't think anyone will give a definite answer until one is delivered or advertising is updated.
    Well, not sure about the Passat but the new Arteon will have the 7 speed box confirmed. Engine is the same.

I am glad I held off - the Arteon will be the perfect replacement for my CC

Users Country Flag
    Picked my new Passat 206 rline wagon up this week, after merely dropping into the dealers just to look at one on my way out somewhere. Highly underrated car, superbly impressed with it. I would encourage anyone looking at cars in this bracket to test drive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Finno View Post
    Picked my new Passat 206 rline wagon up this week, after merely dropping into the dealers just to look at one on my way out somewhere. Highly underrated car, superbly impressed with it. I would encourage anyone looking at cars in this bracket to test drive one.
    Snap! 2 days in and real impressed, although all the tech controls takes some learning.

Despite figures on paper I was a bit underwhelmed on the test drive - tried launch control 3 times
    However after driving it for longer now I'm most content. Has a nice purrr and need to learn not to put my foot down as much in some situations!
    Very comfy, good performance. I'd agree with Finno, defo worth a look if these points float your boat and the budget's for you.

Arteon should have the Audi 2.5l five cylinder engine from the hot TT, that would be a real cracker!

Users Country Flag

Looks like they are starting to hit the streets overseas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlvA6kd5adA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94TdUTJWNY
    Last edited by Mr_206; 01-06-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast