Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    Thanks Riker, TailsK and fellow Dubbers for your interest in this matter.

I have spoken to my VW dealer and we are now on the same page regarding Volkswagen's Extended Factory Warranty. As long as I'm willing to take it tomorrow before I drive off in my new 206TSI I can have it for $3535.00

In the meantime I did a Google search and came across Extended Car Warranty Insurance| Allianz Swann|Warranty & Insurance I had a constructive conversation with the consultant and she recommended the Eric Insurance 5 star Platinum Warranty. It mimics the Volkswagen Extended Factory Warranty but with a couple of differences:

1) There is a limit of 200,000 kms total since new eg. if the vehicle has 45,000 kms when the policy starts (at the end of the 3 year manufacturer warranty), the owner has 155,000 kms left to travel over the time period;
    2) It does not include roadside assistance;
    3) It costs $1910 for 2 years, $2,110 for 3 years, $2,700 for four years and $2,900 for five years;
    4) This extended new car warranty can be taken out at any time during the 3 year manufacturer warranty.

Very interesting!
    My sister has a 118TSI MK6 Golf Wagon which had a myriad of problems. She has the Allianz Extended Warranty and has had no problems claiming against it, mind you, she has good service history and a lot of her problems relate to common issues with the dreaded 1.4 TSI engine and the dry clutch DSG (both have been replaced).

I think over time she's probably gotten ~15k worth of value out of it. Strangely enough, Allianz still underwrite the extended "factory" warranty, but you're right, it's a different product.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone have recommendations for fuel (i.e. Shell, BP, etc.)?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TailsK View Post
    Does anyone have recommendations for fuel (i.e. Shell, BP, etc.)?

I have been using BP ultimate (petrol and diesel) and I'm very happy with the fuel quality. I get 100-150 km more per tank compared to 7-Eleven's diesel.

Thanks Riker, TailsK and fellow Dubbers for your interest in this matter.

I have spoken to my VW dealer and we are now on the same page regarding Volkswagen's Extended Factory Warranty. As long as I'm willing to take it tomorrow before I drive off in my new 206TSI I can have it for $3535.00

In the meantime I did a Google search and came across Extended Car Warranty Insurance| Allianz Swann|Warranty & Insurance I had a constructive conversation with the consultant and she recommended the Eric Insurance 5 star Platinum Warranty. It mimics the Volkswagen Extended Factory Warranty but with a couple of differences:

1) There is a limit of 200,000 kms total since new eg. if the vehicle has 45,000 kms when the policy starts (at the end of the 3 year manufacturer warranty), the owner has 155,000 kms left to travel over the time period;
    2) It does not include roadside assistance;
    3) It costs $1910 for 2 years, $2,110 for 3 years, $2,700 for four years and $2,900 for five years;
    4) This extended new car warranty can be taken out at any time during the 3 year manufacturer warranty.

Very interesting!
    I recently enquired about the same thing and was redirected when searching for Allianz to Eric, AVOID at all cost is what I'd say, I looked into it and it's mainly a scam (well Not really but don't listen to what they tell you, READ the PDS and other info)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    I recently enquired about the same thing and was redirected when searching for Allianz to Eric, AVOID at all cost is what I'd say, I looked into it and it's mainly a scam (well Not really but don't listen to what they tell you, READ the PDS and other info)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that Foxpuppet. I would concur with you on this one.

You might be interested to know that when I picked up my 206TSI Passat two hours ago I told them the $3535.00 they quoted yesterday for the genuine Volkswagen Factory Extended Warranty was too much and that I was no longer interested and would look elsewhere. Lo and behold they discounted it to $2,356.67 which I decided was much more reasonable and I took it. Gotta play the game, folks!

Anyway, I'm loving my 206TSI. It's a magnificent grand tourer!

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that Foxpuppet. I would concur with you on this one.

You might be interested to know that when I picked up my 206TSI Passat two hours ago I told them the $3535.00 they quoted yesterday for the genuine Volkswagen Factory Extended Warranty was too much and that I was no longer interested and would look elsewhere. Lo and behold they discounted it to $2,356.67 which I decided was much more reasonable and I took it. Gotta play the game, folks!

Anyway, I'm loving my 206TSI. It's a magnificent grand tourer!
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!
    Many thanks chopper!

I'll be taking in my new toy to a tyre place to have the wheel alignment and tyre pressures checked.

It's always been my experience with new cars that this is never checked by dealerships during pre-delivery and more often than not leads to premature tyre wear if not rectified promptly.

Users Country Flag
    So I got my VIN yesterday and now trying to track it but i think it only just boarded a ship in the past few days so its still showing as no record found.

Users Country Flag
    Im on the Grand Pearl!! Sail away Captain!!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Im on the Grand Pearl!! Sail away Captain!!
    Went through that myself. Took almost two months from purchase in November 2016 to delivery in January 2017.

Might be a little bit quicker for you Mr_206 as you won't be affected by the Xmas / New Year holidays.

The wait is worth it, but patience is a virtue!
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 21-01-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast