Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MY17 Passat B8 updates

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nrmoz View Post
    Just taken delivery of the MY17 B8 Passat
    Nearly same pinch except that mine is Sedan and has got Rline and Luxury pack.Feeling few bumps on the road, don't you think the R-line rides a bit firm?

Users Country Flag
    That's the point of the R Line.

Users Country Flag
    One thing the MY17 Passat lacks is the 360 degree Area View feature that would have made tight manoeuvres a lot easier Otherwise it is a very nice car that has got all the bells and whistles.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    B8 AllTrack with the Digital Dash. Would have been nice with the 176TDI, but I read somewhere it was a "Australian heat conditions" that stopped it from arriving.
    Is this the reason why that engine is available in New Zealand but not here? I would seriously consider trading up if the twin-turbo was available!
    B7 Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model Candy White DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicAU View Post
    Is this the reason why that engine is available in New Zealand but not here? I would seriously consider trading up if the twin-turbo was available!
    True! The 176TDI isn't available in hot weather climates... therefore we don't get it.

It would be a fantastic car!
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag
    I could not see Comfort option in the Driver Profile of my Passat (132 TSI Comfortline). Don’t the Australian Passats have DCC (Adaptive Chasis Control) required for the Comfort mode?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Janko View Post
    I could not see Comfort option in the Driver Profile of my Passat (132 TSI Comfortline). Don’t the Australian Passats have DCC (Adaptive Chasis Control) required for the Comfort mode?
    I'm fairly sure DCC is only available on the 206TSI.
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Just spoke to a dealer at sydney city vw, and an updated production list for MY17 specs has been issued, with minor changes, but a big single difference.

That is, that with both the Passat, and new Tiguan, the optional Luxury Packs avaliable to the various modes being:

Passat ; 132tsi comfortline, 140tdi highline, Alltrack

Tiguan; all comfortline models

can now be ordered with the Luxury pack, without a sunroof if preferred!

this is a factory order only and stock will not be brought into the country without sunroofs unless specifically ordered.

Apparently VW aust have recognised some people dont like glass roofs and a compromise has been made.

however, dont necessarily think that the cost of the luxury packs will be less because of this. That is yet to be confirmed, or negotiated

also, the st tropez colour leather in the highline has not been selling in high volume, with people firm on black, and there is a possibility st tropez will be phased out in the next couple of years, but not confirmed.

and finally, they think its possible that the active info display may become standard on MY 18 or MY 19 highline, but again thats speculation
    MY18 Golf Alltrack 135tdi - DA pack, SL pack without sunroof, Info pack : tungsten silver

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456