Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MY17 Passat B8 updates

Quote Originally Posted by VR28LT View Post
    Thank you for your reply.... How they can take something that can be so simple and make it so complicated is beyond me with what appears to be the same yet different engines lol

What is putting me off the petrol is the thought of having another 7sp dry clutch dq200 in the garage.... we have had nothing but issues with the 2 mk7s in our extended family ( both the wifes and the one we bought for mum ) . The GTI mk6 with the 6sp wet clutch dq250 has been a dream to own.

Might hold off until the 206tsi makes an appearance i would hate to feel like i should have been patient and missed out on a gem
    Yes unfortunately I don't think your experience with the DQ200 7 speed DSG has been a single isolated incident. Hence the reason I would only recommend a DQ250 or DQ500 DSG or go base model with manual. Unfortunately there's no manual in the Passat so you either have the 140TDI or wait until September for the 206TSI, though this will be in a higher price bracket than the 132TSI.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Might hold off until the 206tsi makes an appearance i would hate to feel like i should have been patient and missed out on a gem
    Are you not tempted by the current offer on Passat B8 which is five year warranty and five year free service

Users Country Flag
    MY17 B8 Passat updates are on the way, but no mention of the 206TSI:

2017 Volkswagen passenger cars updated: Added equipment, increased prices across the range

Users Country Flag
    Damn, AllTrack misses out on the R-Line option, so no Active Info Display.

Users Country Flag
    What is the earliest we can get a MY17 manufactured in 2017?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Janko View Post
    What is the earliest we can get a MY17 manufactured in 2017?
    If it's any indication, my B8 MY16 Passat was built in February 2016 and I took delivery on April 23rd 2016.

The updates including the electric memory seats and folding mirrors as standard on comfortline,140tdi, and alltrack is good, and should not have been left out from model launch last year. At least they are rectifying this.
    But VW Aust should not be upping the prices to recover the inclusions of these items as standard. If they want sales growth then they cant just add equipment and up the price, they need to make people feel value is added.

the addition of active info as an option is great news, and im sure negtioation on that option will be in the dealers favour.

hopefully the luxury pack for the alltrack get revised to include paddle shifters because the fact that it doesnt have them currently is ridiculous, especially when you can get them on the golf alltrack with the sports luxury pack. Towing load downhill, especially winedy downhill, makes paddles a useful little tool.

When the sunroof becomes a separate option and not a mandatory part of the luxury pack, then ill go put my money down. I want a sunglasses holder, not glass in my roof.

my 2 cents but all these little things were the reason i ended up not going forward with the purchase of a B8 140TDI,
    and instead got a fullyloaded B7 Alltrack that was minus the sunroof.

In sayin all that the B8s i test drove were in awesome and a big leap in refinement, and i love the discover pro navigation system.
    MY18 Golf Alltrack 135tdi - DA pack, SL pack without sunroof, Info pack : tungsten silver

See following article on the upcoming farewell Wolfsburg edition Scirroco R & Beetle. Now skipping through that take note of the latest info about the MY17 Passat updates. Most updates we already know, 206TSi, electric memory seats, active info display etc, however the price we didn't. If the writer is presenting factual info, MY17 Passat (206TSi) will come standard with a big bag of kit at a very reasonable price leaving only the panoramic roof as an option.

This is looking very tasty fella's..........
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Hi everyone. I was about to buy an alltrack my16. Dealer in melville,WA has told me that they couldn't get the initially promised orange version from overeast that my wife liked. They are now saying that they can vet me a luxury versioned MY17 model for an extra $1500. It'll take 1-2 months to arrive.
    Is this reasonable? Anything thing i need to be thinking/looking out for?

Luke

Users Country Flag

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2016...QjlGJk5uZT0xNQ..

Volkswagen Group Australia has announced an effective replacement for its previous-generation Passat R36 in the form of the Passat 206TSI R-Line.

To be available in sedan and wagon form, the Passat 206TSI will share its 206kW/380Nm 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission and 4MOTION all-wheel drive system with the Golf R and Passat 206TSI 4x4.

Also standard will be adaptive chassis control, dynamic LED headlights, self-parking technology and 19-inch alloys.

Priced at $57,990 plus on-road costs for the sedan and $59,990 for the wagon,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast