Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monterey wheels with R-Line package

Users Country Flag

It's worth noting that the R-line package is more than just wheels, the suspension is also lowered which will probably have more effect than 18 in wheels. Lowered suspensions have to be firmer unless adaptive. Ride with Adaptive Suspension is very good with 19's on my Alltrack Wolfsburg, to me far better ride and handling package than the Comfortline 132 which to me didn't handle well. (Too soft).
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    It's worth noting that the R-line package is more than just wheels, the suspension is also lowered which will probably have more effect than 18 in wheels. Lowered suspensions have to be firmer unless adaptive. Ride with Adaptive Suspension is very good with 19's on my Alltrack Wolfsburg, to me far better ride and handling package than the Comfortline 132 which to me didn't handle well. (Too soft).
    Luxury Package

LED headlights for high and low beam with dynamic cornering lights, integrated
    LED daytime driving lights, automatic self- levelling, headlight cleaning system and
    low washer fluid warning
    Panoramic glass sunroof, electrically slide and tilt adjustable with integrated wind
    deflector and sunblind (Sedan)
    Panoramic glass sunroof, electrically slide and tilt adjustable front half section with
    electrically operated (perforated) sunblind and integrated wind deflector (Wagon)
    LED ambient lighting in driver and front passenger foot well, front and rear door
    decorative inlays, door openers and handles
    Park Assist, parking bay and parallel parking assistance*
    Luggage net

R-Line Package

Alloy wheels (Monterey) 18 x 8” with 235/45 R18 mobility tyres
    Active Info Display, 12.3" high resolution TFT dash display screen with customisable
    menus and information
    Aluminium finish accelerator and brake pedals
    Aluminium finish front and rear door scuff plates
    Black headlining and pillar trim
    Dark tinted rear side window and rear window glass, 65% light absorbing
    Decorative inlays, ‘Piano Black’ instrument surround, centre console
    Decorative inserts, ‘Black Lead Grey’ for dashboard and door trim panels (Comfortline)
    Decorative aluminium inserts, 'Silver Rise' for dashboard and door trim panels (Highline)
    3 spoke leather covered flat bottomed sports steering wheel with brushed
    aluminium inserts, decorative stitching and R-Line badge
    Steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles
    Progressive steering
    R-Line badge in radiator grille
    R-Line front bumper with front spoiler and large lower air intake
    R-Line side sill extensions
    R-Line rear bumper with trapezoidal exhaust trims left and right
    Rear roof spoiler with black aerodynamic extensions (Wagon)
    Sports suspension, lowered approximately 15mm
    Sport front seats in Carbon Nappa leather appointed seat upholstery# with R-Line
    logo and decorative stitching
    Carpet mats, front and rear with decorative stitching

Please note: The Passat Wagon Easy Open feature is not included in combination with the optional
    R-Line package.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

I have a MY16 140TDI Highline R-Line with 18” Monterrey’s.
    Before my purchase I did test drive a 132TSI with R-Line package that had 19” Verona mags and to be honest, I didn’t feel much difference.
    [2016 (MY16) Passat 140TDI Highline R-Line Wagon, Pearl Black, 18” Monterrey’s]

So after discussing options with the dealer last week it just so happened an as yet unassigned Comfortline with R-Line package was arriving in a few days. They were happy for me to negotiate a contract, subject to being satisfied with a test drive, so that they could get the car into the dealership. It also happened to be in the colour we wanted as well (to make sure we weren't being given a 'story' to sell old stock I called another dealer who gave the same info regarding a Passat due to arrive), so win-win.

Vehicle arrived today and took it for a drive, and I'll get the keys next week

Thanks again all for your input.

Apart from the engine, what's the difference between a Comfortline with R-Line package and a 206TSI?

Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it, I'm sure
    MY18 206 TSI WAGON

Users Country Flag
    All wheel drive perhaps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pete the Pomme View Post
    Apart from the engine, what's the difference between a Comfortline with R-Line package and a 206TSI?

Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it, I'm sure
    The taillights are different.

No ACC on comfortline.

Less chromed interiors.

Fake exhaust tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12