Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got tuning? Vw passat 206tsi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Sorry don't have the car yet
    - Disalble the Auto Hold (button)
    - Disable Stop/Start (button)
    - Press the ESP/ESC button to turn it "off", you can use either of the two settings "ESC Off/ESC Sport" - Note, this will disable front assist and put an exclamation mark up on your dash (no need to worry, it's perfectly normal).
    - Put the car into "S"
    - Put your foot firmly (yes quite firmly) on the brake
    - Put your foot down on the accelerator. If the car tries to work against the brake then it's not engaged, if its engaged it should rev happily to ~ 4krpm and then bounce off that
    - Release brake to take off

There is no visual message/aid to indicate your are in launch control mode.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks for the updates

as thought... these machines definately sound like they have potential

keep the posts coming !
    Last edited by amunra; 02-05-2017 at 06:13 AM.

hey guys.

any updates with the how the tunes and jb4s are going in the 206 passats ?

also maybe if you've done any other mods that you think are worthy of sharing

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    hey guys.

any updates with the how the tunes and jb4s are going in the 206 passats ?

also maybe if you've done any other mods that you think are worthy of sharing
    There is at least 1 guy on here with a JB4. I am waiting to address any warranty concerns before I think about a JB4.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

took a wagon for a test drive refresher with my brother again the other day as he is interested in buying..

got to give it a good flogging and this thing is surprisingly fast ! definately gives the golf r mk7 a run for thrills if you also need the space and luxury of the passat.. just as long as you arent in ECO because its definately tuned for family/baby in car driving in eco and is probably not what the car is about in terms of performance... however.. in NORMAL and SPORT has enough pick up to lose your licence if you're not careful and would definately give alot of super cars a run for their money with a stage 1 or 2 tune..

the seats are primo too compared to the golf R leather seats.

still curious as to how people are going with their sedans / wagons, if they've done much tuning to it and how its all holding up in terms of cabin build and rattles e.t.c through hard or daily driving.

this is a cool video of a 206tsi with 480PS from HGP in germany.

Fahrspass-Special: HGP Passat 2.0 TSI (480 PS) @Hockenheimring - inkl. Highspeed Autobahn-Run

Users Country Flag
    Heyas, just bought a MY17 Passat R line w/ 14k kms to replace my Mustang. Just looking into tuning options and wondering what is the best? I used to use a Cobb AP with a Pro Tune for my Turbo Stang but not sure which to get for the VW.

JB4 Numbers on map 2 are

12.7 Second Quarter Mile (Down from 13.5 stock)
    4.1 Seconds 0-100. I've seen 3.9 but that's on a slight downward slope (so it doesn't count)

JB4 is punchy and makes the car quick, but isn't as linear as a proper tune. It's essentially a fancy boost controller.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    JB4 Numbers on map 2 are

12.7 Second Quarter Mile (Down from 13.5 stock)
    4.1 Seconds 0-100. I've seen 3.9 but that's on a slight downward slope (so it doesn't count)

JB4 is punchy and makes the car quick, but isn't as linear as a proper tune. It's essentially a fancy boost controller.

i get my P3 next week so ill be able to run some numbers a post. ill do the same when i install my TTE470

Quote Originally Posted by Goublin View Post
    i get my P3 next week so ill be able to run some numbers a post. ill do the same when i install my TTE470
    They do a P3 for the B8? I had one in my Tig and in my R56 JCW. They work well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast