Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuse box location for B8 Passat

Users Country Flag

Fuse box location for B8 Passat

Hi All,

Just wondering where is the fusebox located for our RHD Passat B8?

I am trying to wire my dashcam (with parking mode) to the fuse box, so need to find a fuse that is live when the car is off and a fuse that is on only when the car is on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    J
    MY13.5 Rising Blue Scirocco R - DSG - Sunroof - sold!
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

Users Country Flag
    Try the end of the dash Thats where the B7 is. Mine had lots of spare fuse slots with power to the top half I bought these from Jaycar and used them Be careful with always on because some circuits are on a delay. Best to turn car on wait 5 turn off and find one still on Wait 35mins and see if its still on. Depending on the make of camera make sure its a 12v one as some run on less I just bought a ciggy socket and plugged the original cord into that and wrapped it in bubble wrap Ciggy plug on original cord usually has a 2 amp fuse in it so best not to cut it off. Other way is use a pair of addafuses and install them as shown
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the info Hillbilly!

I have on of those iRoad V9 from and back cam, so it doesnt comes with the ciggi plug. It only has 3 wires, one to power, one to acc and one to ground.

I saw that you are running the Blackvue, did you run the camera cable from the roofliner to the side then to the fuse box? I am a bit sceptical to touch the a-piller (due to the airbag)......
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

Users Country Flag
    Yes I ran it up and along the join between the dash and pillar trim then up the front of the pillar by the screen and under the front of the roof lining I have a set of these to ease things apart or remove panels. My back camera is now a DR450 GW-HD and power goes along under sill trims and then via a gap in rear trim and up under taildoor seal.

Make sure you put line fuses of about 2 amp in both feeds as the car ones are too high
    I use 3M Dual lock tape to hold cameras in as I can then use them in rental cars when on holiday

My set is a bit tricky for the rear cam, it connects to the front cam to get power and data transmitted. So I need to run it from the tail window to the tail gate seal then to the roof lining (need to avoid the sunroof as well).

I have the same trim removal kit! when you talk about inline fuse, you are talking about this right?

Fuse box location for B8 Passat-littelfuse_fuseholder_inline_ato-jpg-jpg

Users Country Flag
    I used barrel fuses You can see a black one in bottom left corner of the bottom right pic

My rear camera is mounted on a piece of colorbond flashing steel bent to fit as in the pics. Tape doesnt stick to the vinyl as well

For the cable You might get it along the edge of the roof lining but not much room behind the door seals. If its long enough I would go along the same path from the front cam and along the floor under the side trim at the back seat and out to the door seal between the two trims that join below the window You can get a wire through from the opening panel in the side trim. Up the inside of the seal and out to can as I did Cant see any wiring anywhere except for a few inches above the cameras

Thx heaps mate! One more question... what amp fuse do you use for it? (Or it can be piggyback to)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SciroccoJ View Post
    Thx heaps mate! One more question... what amp fuse do you use for it? (Or it can be piggyback to)

Both have a 2 amp fuse in the ciggy plug and the one with the pigtail pictured is 10 amp as thats as low as they go. They came from Jaycar but arent listed in this years catalogue If using addafuses you could put 2 amp ones or 5 if no 2's Can be piggy back onto any but suggest not the airbag or anything to do with ABS.

Just dont stuff wires down the side of existing fuses as it spreads the clips and is dangerous. Had a caravan that someone was careless putting a fuse in and found it almost red hot and charred as one leg was outside the clip and just touching it and no more. Would have burnt it down eventually.

Thanks for the info again! Do you have some video from your rear cam? Just wanna decide if I should go through the hassle of mounting it on the actual window and run the wire through the tailgate to the body....

Users Country Flag

Pm me your email and I will send you a couple I tried to get it through to the tailgate but was too much trouble to get the rubber cover out of the body Seems it has a big flange inside it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast