Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuse box location for B8 Passat

[QUOTE=SciroccoJ;1209759]Will do a write up in my blog soon! I am quite happy with the finally result!

Hi SciroccoJ, when you get a write up, can you list the fuse numbers you used for battery and ACC. I'm going to attempt a hardwire install of a Thinkware F770 shortly, it would would save me time trying to figure out which fuses are best to use (going to use a couple of fuse holders). thanks

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=Davids;1211964]
    Quote Originally Posted by SciroccoJ View Post
    Will do a write up in my blog soon! I am quite happy with the finally result!

Hi SciroccoJ, when you get a write up, can you list the fuse numbers you used for battery and ACC. I'm going to attempt a hardwire install of a Thinkware F770 shortly, it would would save me time trying to figure out which fuses are best to use (going to use a couple of fuse holders). thanks
    Just be aware that depending on options installed, fuse boxes may not be identical. Mine was quite different to setout of standard one
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

[QUOTE=Hillbilly;1211970]
    Quote Originally Posted by Davids View Post

Just be aware that depending on options installed, fuse boxes may not be identical. Mine was quite different to setout of standard one
    thanks for the heads up Hillbilly, I'll keep this in mind when I install.
    MY17 Passat 206TSI R-Line sedan, white, panoramic roof.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    [QUOTE=Davids;1211964]
    Will do a write up in my blog soon! I am quite happy with the finally result!

Hi Dave,

Been busy with work lately (still in office as I type this), will do the write up in the next couple of days.

just FYI, I have tapped my Constant power to the trailer assist fuse and ACC to the cigarette lighter fuse.

Regards
    Jacky
    MY13.5 Rising Blue Scirocco R - DSG - Sunroof - sold!
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

[QUOTE=SciroccoJ;1212180]

Hi Dave,

Been busy with work lately (still in office as I type this), will do the write up in the next couple of days.

just FYI, I have tapped my Constant power to the trailer assist fuse and ACC to the cigarette lighter fuse.

Regards
    Jacky
    thanks, much appreciated!
    MY17 Passat 206TSI R-Line sedan, white, panoramic roof.

Finally got around to install the dashcam today!

The fusebox is actually located behind the glove box ... and it is stated in the owners' manual...

No much trouble for the installation and I have managed to get the rear cam on to the hatch window! Only downside is I have snapped one of the metal trim clip ...
    Can anyone tell me where I can find a suitable grounding point close to the fusebox on a 2016 RHD Passat? No problem running the dashcam cable to the fusebox behind the glove compartment but I cannot find a single bolt there going into grounded metal - everything is plastic. I spent hours trying to find a grounding point in the area so I would appreciate it if anyone has found a solution. I'm wondering if there might be a suitable bolt under the side panel ( left hand end of the dash ) but I'm not sure how to remove that cover.

Finally got around to install the dashcam today!

The fusebox is actually located behind the glove box ... and it is stated in the owners' manual...

No much trouble for the installation and I have managed to get the rear cam on to the hatch window! Only downside is I have snapped one of the metal trim clip ...
    Can anyone tell me where I can find a suitable grounding point close to the fusebox on a 2016 RHD Passat? No problem running the dashcam cable to the fusebox behind the glove compartment but I cannot find a single bolt there going into grounded metal - everything is plastic. I spent hours trying to find a grounding point in the area so I would appreciate it if anyone has found a solution. I'm wondering if there might be a suitable bolt under the side panel ( left hand end of the dash ) but I'm not sure how to remove that cover.

Pop the left hand end dash panel off with a plastic trim tool (plastic kids knife worked a treat for me). The cover has 3 push in clips (top middle and bottom) so needs a bit of force. Once that's off there are a few bolts under the dash/on the door frame that will work nicely for the earth.

Users Country Flag
    The crash bar is also a very good ground point... and it's everywhere.

Pop the left hand end dash panel off with a plastic trim tool (plastic kids knife worked a treat for me). The cover has 3 push in clips (top middle and bottom) so needs a bit of force. Once that's off there are a few bolts under the dash/on the door frame that will work nicely for the earth.
    Thanks guys! I will have a go when I next get some time. Was just a bit worried about trying to remove the end panel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123