Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuse box location for B8 Passat

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hey mate... got your email! The back view is awesome even its not mounted on the back window!

Now time for me to have a crack at it in the next few days. I have just found out the wiring has come with the round in line fuse like yours already. So pretty much ready to go!
    MY13.5 Rising Blue Scirocco R - DSG - Sunroof - sold!
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

Users Country Flag
    Are you using a battery drain protection kit for hardwiring the dash cam? If yes,what is the cut-off voltage setting on the kit?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Janko View Post
    Are you using a battery drain protection kit for hardwiring the dash cam? If yes,what is the cut-off voltage setting on the kit?

12v and 1 hours parking mode with both cameras.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Hillbilly.Do you think the hardwired arrangement will give about 6~7 hrs of park-mode operation?Since the camera will have a motion detector, actual camera operation may be 3~4 hrs depending on how busy the car park is.Is it better to go for a dashcam battery pack if long park mode operation is required?

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Hillbilly.Do you think the hardwired arrangement will give about 6~7 hrs of park-mode operation?Since the camera will have a motion detector, actual camera operation may be 3~4 hrs depending on how busy the car park is.Is it better to go for a dashcam battery pack if long park mode operation is required?
    Depends on what camera you have.with motion detection they tend to pick up trees in the wind or someone walking 50m away. I have found mine keep recording for a while even in the garage with the door shut. Would sooner have a good battery than a long record time 12v cutoff is low enough as mine is a diesel

Users Country Flag
    Hi Hillbilly,

Please could you advise which of the following fuse taps you used?

https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-min...e-tap/p/SF5125

https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-bla...e-tap/p/SF5115

Users Country Flag
    Neither I used the little fuse shown in reply 1 but I dont think they have them as not in catalogue any more.
    I put them in two spare sockets that had the correct power as shown You can see which is which size Minis at the top.

If you are using addafuses you just need to find two that do the job I wouldnt use airbag or brake fuses though.

To find out which ones are on all the time and which are acc just change a fuse into the bottom of the addada and put it in and see if circuit still works then put one it the top one and check if its perm power or acc power Have u got a multimeter as abit useless if u havent

Finally got around to install the dashcam today!

The fusebox is actually located behind the glove box ... and it is stated in the owners' manual...

No much trouble for the installation and I have managed to get the rear cam on to the hatch window! Only downside is I have snapped one of the metal trim clip ...
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SciroccoJ View Post
    Finally got around to install the dashcam today!
    Please post some photos!. Would like to see your cable route!

Please post some photos!. Would like to see your cable route!
    Will do a write up in my blog soon! I am quite happy with the finally result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast