Thread: Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Users Country Flag

Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Hi all,

My MY16 Passat have the luxury pack installed so it has the beautiful looking LED headlamps. However, the fog lights down the bottom still retain the old yellow/orange colour light when it is turned on. Just wondering if any have successfully sourced and upgraded these bulbs with aftermarket LEDs or it also emits White light as the LED headlamps?

Users Country Flag
    Plenty of aftermarket resellers for that bulb type, eg powerbulbs.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelbaran View Post
    Hi all,

My MY16 Passat have the luxury pack installed so it has the beautiful looking LED headlamps. However, the fog lights down the bottom still retain the old yellow/orange colour light when it is turned on. Just wondering if any have successfully sourced and upgraded these bulbs with aftermarket LEDs or it also emits White light as the LED headlamps?
    You must get plenty of fog in your area?

I can see why you would want to change them.
    Just find the correct bulb and away you go!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Fog lights are supposed to be a yellowy color as it doesn't reflect back off the fog. The only reason to change to white lights is to use them as wnaker lights as it is illegal to use fog lights when there is not fog or inclement weather. Shame it isnt enforced properly
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    For vehicles equipped with the LED headlights (presumably like the OP's - and certainly mine), the "fog lights" serve double duty as "cornering lights" - the light on the inside of the corner is illuminated... So hardly what I would call a "wnaker light" scenario - more like just wanting to have lights which are illuminated automatically by the vehicle, in a matching colour temperature...

As for use purely as fog lights......well, we get PLENTY of thick, heavy fog down here in Tassie. I'm guessing we get just a little more fog than you people in Brisbane do
    Last edited by doc_777; 12-10-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    For vehicles equipped with the LED headlights (presumably like the OP's - and certainly mine), the "fog lights" serve double duty as "cornering lights" - the light on the inside of the corner is illuminated... So hardly what I would call a "wnaker light" scenario - more like just wanting to have lights which are illuminated automatically by the vehicle, in a matching colour temperature...

As for use purely as fog lights......well, we get PLENTY of thick, heavy fog down here in Tassie. I'm guessing we get just a little more fog than you people in Brisbane do
    Incorrect...

I am assuming your 132TSI has standard Halogen headlights?
    And then I am also assuming your Wolfsburg Edition has the standard LED headlights?
    If so, the static cornering lights would be active from the Fog Lights as you mentioned.

However on the Luxury Pack, the LED Headlights have AFS and do not use the Fog Lights for static cornering lights, that is all done within the LED Headlights...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Incorrect...

And then I am also assuming your Wolfsburg Edition has the standard LED headlights?
    If so, the static cornering lights would be active from the Fog Lights as you mentioned.

However on the Luxury Pack, the LED Headlights have AFS and do not use the Fog Lights for static cornering lights, that is all done within the LED Headlights...
    Totally Correct.

There is no good aftermarket LED fog bulb with good lens on it.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but what about the DRL for B8’s without the LED front lights. Any recommendations for LED bulbs?
    [2016 (MY16) Passat 140TDI Highline R-Line Wagon, Pearl Black, 18” Monterrey’s]

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Incorrect...

Well colour me wrong

Either way, the fog lights on both of MY vehicles are illuminated when cornering (at intersection etc). On the Comfortline, the fog lights ALSO serve duty as DRL's.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Passerati View Post
    Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but what about the DRL for B8’s without the LED front lights. Any recommendations for LED bulbs?
    if they're H8 like the Superb, then check out these - Generation 2S LED Car Headlight CREE ETI Flip Chips 12V Car Headlight 30W 3600LM
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS