Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Light Assist

With VCP you will find 4B

Users Country Flag
    Curiously, my old MY16 Passat Alltrack definitely didn't have the blinds and shutters (only shutters for beam height control). High beam assist was fun to enable on that. Worked well... mostly. A bit blindy at times for oncoming traffic as it wasn't perfect.

Fast forward; My new MY18 Passat R-Line appears to be the same. I took a note of the headlight assembly part number: 3G2 941 082 G. I coded the car properly and there are no errors. It just doesn't appear to do the blockout effect.

Side by side with an arteon my18 and golf r wolfy my18 everything about the passat headlight behavior is different. To my eyes these lights are not DLA compliant. DLA lights behave consistently and look different.

Please argue away, this is an amazing thread and I love we're all trying to further enable our purchases to be more feature rich!
    Last edited by mythik; 18-12-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Right! Thanks to a generous set of circumstances I've spent a great deal of time investigating this. AU delivered Passats of any variety _do not_ have the DLA hardware in them. I've verified this with Arteon and Golf R Wolf. The coding difference between the cars with and without the proper rollers is clear. When attempting to change this setting the module notices that the motors are not present for this feature and endlessly errors.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! We're able to have semi-dynamic lights, not all. The setup with the coding above is a bit blindy but better than nothing.

Dynamic Light Assist-capture-jpg

Users Country Flag
    More interestingly is module 4B Byte 11 - Bit 2 which was enabled on the Arteon - Predictive AFS.

Ok who wants to test what it seems to actually change?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post
    More interestingly is module 4B Byte 11 - Bit 2 which was enabled on the Arteon - Predictive AFS.

Ok who wants to test what it seems to actually change?
    Is that where it uses map data to bend the lights before you get to a curve?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Is that where it uses map data to bend the lights before you get to a curve?
    YES! It is. I just tried it and holy **** it works. I manually enabled headlights and watched AFS data and sure enough before the corner the headlights are already moving. WOW.

Edit: that being said, it seems to get it wrong more than it gets it right. I'm leaving this one off.

Users Country Flag
    Right! Thanks to a generous set of circumstances I've spent a great deal of time investigating this. AU delivered Passats of any variety _do not_ have the DLA hardware in them. I've verified this with Arteon and Golf R Wolf. The coding difference between the cars with and without the proper rollers is clear. When attempting to change this setting the module notices that the motors are not present for this feature and endlessly errors.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! We're able to have semi-dynamic lights, not all. The setup with the coding above is a bit blindy but better than nothing.

Dynamic Light Assist-capture-jpg
    I noticed there were roller shutters when I was trying to enable DLA.

Facing a wall, turn your car high beam on, ignition off and you can see the blockage of the light and a "U" shape shadow in the middle on the wall.

Have a try.

Neal

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    YES! It is. I just tried it and holy **** it works. I manually enabled headlights and watched AFS data and sure enough before the corner the headlights are already moving. WOW.

Edit: that being said, it seems to get it wrong more than it gets it right. I'm leaving this one off.
    Lol maybe it should be called 'crazy mind of their own' AFS rather than 'predictive' ?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Lol maybe it should be called 'crazy mind of their own' AFS rather than 'predictive' ?
    Maybe it is not connected to the Nav Data like the DSR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

What's curious is;

Arteon - approach car in front - blacks out car in front / keeps high beam on
    Golf R - same as arteon
    Passat - can block out left and right individually, not centre. When above situation would occur system simply turns off back to low beam.

The setting in the module that tells the car it has a roller highbeam compatible headlight is why. This is because there isn't a roller in the headlights in the Passat B8. ALTERNATIVELY. It needs some special coding / software. I'm not certain. It just doesn't enable as it should. See my code snippet above as to what should be visible in 4B Byte 3 for DLA roller headlights.

Anyone have an autoscan from a DLA enabled Passat B8 from Germany to compare?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast