Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Light Assist

Quote Originally Posted by DR074 View Post
    I have the same start up sequence. I usually drive around in Eco anyway, but i'll try and start it in Normal and see if that changes.

Seriously though, how cool is this car.
    Yeah, very. Lots of hidden features. I suspect a lot of features were not coded because they don't want it to conflict with the 80-90k Audi A4.

I am still yet to work out why I have Dynamic Lane Assist on my car, I certainly didn't code it. I noticed it's not in the menu of my friends 206 but its on my menu and it works a treat on long drives.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Start up sequence in Normal Mode is same as my usual, not like Komald's video of start up.

Yeah, Adaptive Lane Guidance (I think that's what you mean) wasn't in my menu originally, I had to code it.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Start up sequence in Normal Mode is same as my usual, not like Komald's video of start up.

Yeah, Adaptive Lane Guidance (I think that's what you mean) wasn't in my menu originally, I had to code it.
    It's looking like the parameter set only adds the change to startup sequence, not any functionality.
    So whilst it might look a little cooler it doesn't appear to be a requirement.
    Not possible on A3/S3 with led unless it's matrix led.
    Not sure yet on Tiguan with AFS led I think it might be possible.
    Passat LED with AFS is a definate YES Dynamic Light Assist

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

The only thing that's different about my car is that it was the first in WA and was supposed to be the dealer demo, so maybe they coded it to showcase it or something...
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys,

Trying to activate this via my obdeleven device and I can't access long coding in the central electrics at all to be able to adjust the byte as per the linked directions. Have correctly entered security codes and stuff so I don't think that's the issue.

Help would be warmly appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pyridinite View Post
    Hi guys,

Trying to activate this via my obdeleven device and I can't access long coding in the central electrics at all to be able to adjust the byte as per the linked directions. Have correctly entered security codes and stuff so I don't think that's the issue.

Help would be warmly appreciated.
    Hi

Both Wynnston and I had to follow half of the Pre 17 and half of the Post 17 instructions. If your Headlights are in Control Unit 4B, use that part of the instruction. Our Headlights are in 55.

I think that Byte 02 - Bit 0 is the same as changing the below (I could be wrong, but has worked)
    Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
    Adaptations: Fernlicht_assistent: Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung: AFS, FLA, Fernlicht (GLW,MDF)

Don't forget to do the below;
    Once coding in Control Unit A5 and 55 (or 4B) is completed,
    Clear errors
    Run Basic Settings for headlights
    Acknowledge Basic Settings
    Clear errors

Soft reset in MIB2
    Car > Settings > Factory Reset > Lights > Reset

Car needs to be in "Normal" Driving Mode for DLA to work as in the video.

Happy hunting
    Last edited by DR074; 25-11-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    Hi

Both Wynnston and I had to follow half of the Pre 17 and half of the Post 17 instructions. If your Headlights are in Control Unit 4B, use that part of the instruction. Our Headlights are in 55.

I think that Byte 02 - Bit 0 is the same as changing the below (I could be wrong, but has worked)
    Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
    Adaptations: Fernlicht_assistent: Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung: AFS, FLA, Fernlicht (GLW,MDF)

Don't forget to do the below;
    Once coding in Control Unit A5 and 55 (or 4B) is completed,
    Clear errors
    Run Basic Settings for headlights
    Acknowledge Basic Settings
    Clear errors

Soft reset in MIB2
    Car > Settings > Factory Reset > Lights > Reset

Car needs to be in "Normal" Driving Mode for DLA to work as in the video.

Happy hunting
    Thanks, that got it working. All sorted!

Updated the original post with some info that's deeper in the thread to assist ease of use.
    Have enabled it on a Tiguan this morning after realizing my older VCDS cannot see address 4B for the newer headlight control modules...had to use VCP.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Updated the original post with some info that's deeper in the thread to assist ease of use.
    Have enabled it on a Tiguan this morning after realizing my older VCDS cannot see address 4B for the newer headlight control modules...had to use VCP.
    We don't access 4B either on the Passsat. It's 55 - Headlight Range Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    We don't access 4B either on the Passsat. It's 55 - Headlight Range Control.
    Correct.
    In the Passat it's the traditional 55 headlight range controller.
    But when I went looking for a 55 or 4B in vcds in a Tiguan I couldn't find either, so incorrectly assumed it didn't have a control module for headlights.
    But I now know it's a limitation of Hex+can vcds

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast