Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital dashboard scratched.

reviving an old thread..... my pet hate is the fingerprints on the discover pro... might invest in some screen protectors. Decision on whether to go glass or matte...
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

I keep a lint free cloth in the drivers door pocket to give it a wipe when it gets too bad.

Users Country Flag
    We wish our cars every week, and the interior gets cleaned as well. Screen cleaner wipes make short work of any fingerprints.

i’d recommend using cleaning wipes (which are moistened) to clean plastic touch screens. Wiping with a dry cloth increases the risk of scratches.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I used to laugh when I saw people detailing cars with surgical gloves on. Now, I absolutely wear them at all costs! Rubber will not scratch your car unless you manage to somehow get something abrasive between the glove and the surface. Well worth the couple of dollar for a pack of heaps of them for detailing.

Users Country Flag

I've added these to my Alltrack Wolfsburg, I chose the matte version. Far less fingerprints showing on the infotainment screen now, although it does reduce the brightness a bit. The digital dash one was easy to install but I struggled to align the infotainment one perfectly.

Cheers,
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by gr33nbastad View Post
    Looks like you can get screen protectors for the info display and infotainment unit:

Screen Protectors for Volkswagen Active Info Display Passat | protectionfilms24.com
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12