Thread: Clay bar, waxing, car details suggestions Perth

Clay bar, waxing, car details suggestions Perth

Can anyone recommend a place in Perth that does full car paint detailing and waxing or can offer tips and tricks of doing it yourself? A guy on YouTube recommends washing first with dishwash soap to take off all the wax then clean then clay bar then wax but does a newish car 5000km need this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Honestly - how long is a piece of string? If your vehicle has foreign matter bonded to the paint, then yes - it needs to be clayed. That can happen via atmospheric contaminants, tar, bugs....all kinds of things.

Unless you have a show-car, was is of debateable value compared to some of the man-made products available these days (polymer products etc).

This is a huge topic - my suggestion is to pick a range of products you can afford and that appeals to you - and importantly is easily available to you(!), and read up on the processes that their manufacturer recommends.
    Cheers

Head in and have a chat to these guys at their Burswood location - https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/
    I went to the basics course and it was great - sets you up with the knowledge of equipment and a base understanding of products.
    Here's the course - https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...g_clinic_perth

They'll sell you the gear to DIY or you can have your car detailed there.

Cool thanks guys Clay bar, waxing, car details suggestions Perth will take all the above onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk