Thread: Brake light flickering when brake hard?

Brake light flickering when brake hard?

I saw the Audi A4 (maybe MY16) rear brake light flickering when it brake hard in front of me, it’s a really good idea to reminding the driver behind. I’m not sure my Passat 140 Alltrack does this or not, anyone know about this?

Users Country Flag
    It’s a tweak for obdeleven and vcds, also having the hazards flash too

but there’s a few things that activate them, you have to be travelling at more than 100kph and brake down to 40 at a certain speed or faster (not 100 % sure but I think the ABS needs to be activated), and I think this is already activated on EU spec cars
    Last edited by Jap; 20-04-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Users Country Flag
    It's in the brochure: Automatic flashing brake lights activated in emergency braking situation
    At least for MY 18.5, I don't have the earlier ones.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    You will only know if you try some scenarios.

Would you try them?

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MY17's do it from factory as well. You don't have to be on the brakes all that hard, but you do have to be decelerating from a decent speed.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    The MY17's do it from factory as well. You don't have to be on the brakes all that hard, but you do have to be decelerating from a decent speed.
    How do you know when it’s activated?

Blinkers on or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't know unless someone is videoing you on a track
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD