Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Audio Upgrade Options - Help!!!

Users Country Flag

I recently had a mono amp and sub added to the factory system in my B7 Passat, and have to say that it did a fine job of lifting the factory speakers. Removing the bass from the speakers and having the sub do all the work seems to have helped. The units I used are Rockford Fosgate R500X1D mono and P3S-1X12 slim sub and enclosure.
    B7 Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model Candy White DSG

Just spoke to VW as i know Dynaudio is being offered in 2018 models, and confirmed it cannot be installed into 2017 206 TSI as an option
    2017 - VW Passat 206 TSI - R Line Wagon in white

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bunglebp View Post
    Just spoke to VW as i know Dynaudio is being offered in 2018 models, and confirmed it cannot be installed into 2017 206 TSI as an option
    You can, but you need different head unit.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by bunglebp View Post
    Can you expand on this post? The my 18 bulletins dont list dynaudio for the passat, unless there is a newer vesion of the bulletin. Dynaudio is obviously being offered on new golfs comfortline upwards & golf alltrack premiums as part of the optional info packs, as well as an option for the areton.
    My understanding for the restriction of avaliability is related to not diluting new product launches, being areton an new golf.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
    VW Passat 3G B8 Variant Dynaudio Soundsystem Altoparlante Amplificatore | eBay

just going to leave this here

All you need are cables and coding which shouldn't be too difficult.
    You can't just put that dynaudio there, you need a head unit that comes with optical output connection. Only cars with dynaudio upgrade has that head unit.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to drag up this old post but just wanted to confirm that the Dynaudio system WONT work with an MY18 206Tsi R-Line wagon? I have the Discover Pro 9.2 inch system in the car. I was going to make a cheeky offer on this system on Ebay but if it doesn't work I can move onto other options.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VW-Passat-B8-Dynaudio-Soundsystem-Lautsprecher-Verstarker-Subwoofer-3Q0035465/372900681549
    Last edited by kook; 26-10-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kook View Post
    Sorry to drag up this old post but just wanted to confirm that the Dynaudio system WONT work with an MY18 206Tsi R-Line wagon? I have the Discover Pro 9.2 inch system in the car. I was going to make a cheeky offer on this system on Ebay but if it doesn't work I can move onto other options.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VW-Passat-B8-Dynaudio-Soundsystem-Lautsprecher-Verstarker-Subwoofer-3Q0035465/372900681549
    Yes it will work - but...the amp has component protection which needs odis online to remove.
    Then it has a parameter set for each vehicle which controls audio setup which needs vcp to correct.
    Then you need the optical cable and if you already have aid it needs to be a splitter type.
    Then coding and adaptation of 5f to get it to work.

So certainly doable but it needs the right tools and skills.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Thanks kamold, well I saw in another post someone else here in Perth is still struggling with that unlock procedure. The Ebay seller just messaged me and said I need the wiring harness also. This now goes into the too hard basket. I have an Audison Voce amp and Focal PS 165FX, will use those instead.
    MY18 Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - White
    2005 E46 M3 - LeMans Blue

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345