Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Upgrade Options - Help!!!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
    VW Passat 3G B8 Variant Dynaudio Soundsystem Altoparlante Amplificatore | eBay

just going to leave this here

All you need are cables and coding which shouldn't be too difficult.

Im debating picking up just the speakers and an audiotech fischer amp (MATCH by Audiotec Fischer i already have this in my mk7 GTI and its quite an upgrade) and doing my own thing with the sub in the spare wheel well. After selling the sub/amp on ebay, buying a good sub and the audiotec fischer gear, i reckon you'd only be out of pocket the same amount as optioning dynaudio from the factory
    Cheers Matt! I wish it was that easy... but I recall reading somewhere, there's two different Discover Pro units. The ones fitted to Dynaudio cars have digital-out to the amp (plus the factory wiring harness for 10.1 speakers)... the regular system uses analogue (and the built in amp) and only has the eight speaker harness. I haven't read anyone who has attempted the upgrade who has said it's easy! I'd REALLY love to be wrong... it's the ideal solution!

Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    LIARS! I ordered it on my MY12.5, well i ordered everything except the grandpa woodgrain option lol. It's **** because VW only need to enter a PR code and magic, your car gets the option in germany, same with paint.
    You left the best option off! Nothing lifts a cabin, like a bit of dead tree! It's even better when it's fake plastic dead tree... so the quality lasts. I can only imagine what the dealer charges you for any 'off book' options...
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Cheers Matt! I wish it was that easy... but I recall reading somewhere, there's two different Discover Pro units. The ones fitted to Dynaudio cars have digital-out to the amp (plus the factory wiring harness for 10.1 speakers)... the regular system uses analogue (and the built in amp) and only has the eight speaker harness. I haven't read anyone who has attempted the upgrade who has said it's easy! I'd REALLY love to be wrong... it's the ideal solution!
    If you find that, i'd love to hear it.

IIRC, in previous generation its a setting for amplified output or digital output through the cabling. I remember my RCD510 getting coded differently once i installed it in my mk5 golf gti and it made a surprising difference.

I've got a mk7 golf gti as well and i haven't heard anything similar about the stereos and Dynaudio and one would assume they're not dissimilar.

There is a place in QLD who claims to be able to do it btu charges $2500 for parts + more for install
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

Also, you do realise we have 10 speaker units from the factory?

3-way in the front doors
    2 ways in the rear doors
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    There's talk of a digital sound package in this thread here... Discover Pro 8" System in Australia - problems, solutions & VW dealers I assume it's needed for the Amp for the Dynaudio package.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
    Also, you do realise we have 10 speaker units from the factory?

3-way in the front doors
    2 ways in the rear doors
    I've triple checked... the car specs say only 8 speakers in the car. I don't get our car until next week, so I can't check.
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    This could be an option for you; Passat Variant Plug-In Sound Upgrade Speaker Kits

Sounmatrix Speakers are Plug & Play and made in Germany!

I was about to put these speakers in an Opel Insignia that I once owned...but I sold it
    Soumatrix speakers are rubbish, total waste of money. I bought 4 Xtase speakers for my CC, they cost me $1200. The improvement was marginal, definitely not worth the money, and then one the exploded. I contacted support, they didn't even reply to me.

Save your money and stay away of Soumatrix.

Hey

How did you go with your searching? Im actually installing a 12" sub in my 206 ATM and was trolling for some wiring diagrams.

Iv put my sub in the spare wheel so it doesnt take up anyroom in my boot area.

does anyone know if there is a stock amp in the b8's I had a b7 all track which didnt. But i was told that this car had the upgraded stereo already.

Cheers Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Diegothecat View Post
    Hey

How did you go with your searching? Im actually installing a 12" sub in my 206 ATM and was trolling for some wiring diagrams.

Iv put my sub in the spare wheel so it doesnt take up anyroom in my boot area.

does anyone know if there is a stock amp in the b8's I had a b7 all track which didnt. But i was told that this car had the upgraded stereo already.

Cheers Ben
    I got my MRXV75 Alpine Amp, Audison Bit 10 and 12inch sub installed the other week. It's made a huge improvement. Speakers are still stock and are reasonably capable, it's the factory AMP that is the weak point. I already had the gear. The install cost me about 500ish with a wiring kit. The AMP and Bit 10 fit perfectly under the passenger seat. I can snap some pics later if you want to see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Audio Upgrade Options - Help!!!-20161227_215518-jpg

I dId mine the other day and am very happy with the setup. I had the same in my alltrack but the sub was is a small box. This is way better.

Users Country Flag
    I like the look of that spare mounted sub..... Do you have a link?

Users Country Flag

rave

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    I got my MRXV75 Alpine Amp, Audison Bit 10 and 12inch sub installed the other week. It's made a huge improvement. Speakers are still stock and are reasonably capable, it's the factory AMP that is the weak point. I already had the gear. The install cost me about 500ish with a wiring kit. The AMP and Bit 10 fit perfectly under the passenger seat. I can snap some pics later if you want to see what it looks like.
    I am in Sydney, do you know any good car audio installer in here? What sub did you use as well?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast