Thread: Adaptive cruise now failed since lowering the R line 206

Adaptive cruise now failed since lowering the R line 206

Hello

has anyone else lowered their 206?

Mine has been in at vw for 3 days trying to get the adaptive cruise working again, because after 20min it fails and stops wporking and thye say its due to the rear height sensors being too far out of the normal values.

Im thinking or manually moving the connection point back up the 40mm and then try and see if that fixes it.

Users Country Flag
    Diegothecat: hmm........interesting problem - isn't it just a matter of re calibrating the front radar sensor for the new position?
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Unfortunately they are at their Max limit and can't be. I think I'll make a spacer or something. Iv done something simerla on my landrover discovery so i can lift or lower further then stock.

My 206 had the front bumper off a few times (thanks to a Kangaroo incident earlier this year).

Every time the bumper came off, it would have to be calibrated. It was particularly annoying because they'd take the bumper off, the car would be good for a day or so, then it would all of a sudden throw an "out of calibration" fault and it would have to go to the dealer for a $300 alignment/re-calibration. Thankfully Mr. Insurance Company was footing the bill.

On another note, got any pics of your 206 lowered? Also, how did the dealer take you lowering it? Any warranty comments?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    My 206 had the front bumper off a few times (thanks to a Kangaroo incident earlier this year).

Every time the bumper came off, it would have to be calibrated. It was particularly annoying because they'd take the bumper off, the car would be good for a day or so, then it would all of a sudden throw an "out of calibration" fault and it would have to go to the dealer for a $300 alignment/re-calibration. Thankfully Mr. Insurance Company was footing the bill.

On another note, got any pics of your 206 lowered? Also, how did the dealer take you lowering it? Any warranty comments?

Thanks for getting back to me on this one. I think that the rear height sensor if faulty but even tho there was a fault code saying this they never checked it. Plus iv got it back with around 20 more faults on it then it went in with. But Iv heavily modified the car config so i cant complain. Unfortunately ZIv been in the workshop showing the guys where to go to find certain things and then I realize that I probably shouldn't be telling them this but unfortunately they dont know themselves as they are mechanics not computer techs

The dealer has been great with it all, as the day after i got the car i brought it back and showed them the new rims I put on it. They say that no one ever comes back and shows them what they have done to the cars as they are afraid of the warranty but they egged me on to do it and get it tuned. I love my local VW honestly the best ever.

Instagram
    Last edited by Diegothecat; 08-07-2017 at 08:14 PM.

So obviously before they went in

and after

You've done the res delete, right? Could you post a youtube/soundclip of it and provide some feedback?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Yea but I've done turbo Inlet pipe upgrade, turbo muffler delete as well as the res delete. TBH it sounds just like a stock golf r and makes the dsg fart.
    Last edited by Diegothecat; 08-07-2017 at 08:18 PM.