Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 132 comfortline vs 140 tdi questions

Users Country Flag

132 comfortline vs 140 tdi questions

Hi

We are looking at the 140 tdi my18 model. Test drove one today it was pretty good.
    Does it have a timing chain or belt? what about the 132?

The salesman basically told us to go for the 132 instead as we are not doing many kms nor towing anything.
    He said they are basically the same inside just the 140 has 18" wheels as apposed to 17. A few cosmetic differences.
    Are they the only real differences apart from of course a petrol engine vs diesel?

thx

Users Country Flag
    My wife has a 2016 Comfortline 132, I have a 2017 Alltrack Wolfsburg with the 140tdi motor. My ideal would have been my Wolfsburg alltrack, with the 132TSI motor. That is how highly I think of it.

The 140TDI gets better economy, but the 132TSI is a great all-round engine.

140TDI has timing belt which (if you believe) does no require replacement through the life of the vehicle.

They drive very differently too - the TSI is comparatively "peppy", whereas the TDI is more of a "lugger". Nothing that I really don't like about the TDI, I guess I'm just very impressed with the TSI.

Hope that helps, and if you have any specific questions you would like answered, please feel free to ask.
    Cheers

The brochure will have a section at the back directly comparing the two model grades

Users Country Flag
    If you are only doing short trips buy the petrol version as diesels work better and last longer if kept hot.

Whilst I have TDI I only use it for trips that allow it to get up to temp and stay like that for a period. Not for short trips to the local shops.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper17 View Post
    Hi

We are looking at the 140 tdi my18 model. Test drove one today it was pretty good.
    Does it have a timing chain or belt? what about the 132?

The salesman basically told us to go for the 132 instead as we are not doing many kms nor towing anything.
    He said they are basically the same inside just the 140 has 18" wheels as apposed to 17. A few cosmetic differences.
    Are they the only real differences apart from of course a petrol engine vs diesel?

thx
    Mate go the VW website and download a brochure; VW Passat 2017 | Sedans | Volkswagen Australia

Your salesman is lazy and is doing you a disservice.

Here is the model range (excl. Alltrack);
    132TSI
    132TSI Comfortline
    140TDI Highline
    206TSI R-Line

The Highline model is the 140TDI...

Of course you could option up with option packs etc. But the 140TDI Highline has more standard features than the 132TSI and 132TSI Comfortline...

Sounds like you need to do a bit more research or go to another dealer!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi all
    Thx for the replies. Yes i read the broacher there were a few cosmetic differences. He mentioned petrol is better for short trips. We are not planning long trips each time. There will be many short trips.

We will test drive the 132 comfortline and 206 to see if its worth getting all the 206 extras.

Thx

Users Country Flag
    Hi all
    Thx for the replies. Yes i read the broacher there were a few cosmetic differences. He mentioned petrol is better for short trips. We are not planning long trips each time. There will be many short trips.

We will test drive the 132 comfortline and 206 to see if its worth getting all the 206 extras.

Thx
    Big difference in price between a 132TSI Comfortline and a 206TSI R-Line...just saying!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)
    Don't forget if you were in a serious car accident with your family what would you prefer to be sitting on , 55 litres of highly flammable unleaded fuel or much lower flammable diesel.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all

Thx
    All our cars with the TDIs do short trips, some extremely short thrips and they have 0 problems. Not affected by that, all scaremongering that you will block the DPF comes from very early days as they had the problems with the DPF pressure sensors and were often misdiagnosed, also some owners ignored the sign “check engine - workshop “, and the social medias did a good job in spreading the hysteria.

Though, if you only drive 1.5 km trips to the bus stop? You will get into the problems with the DPF, you will also kill your TSI, any engine really.

Advantage of TDI over TSI are:
    higher torque always available, better fuel economy (especially in the city and on the short trips), much longer engine life and less maintenance. Better for towing and when driven fully loaded, especially through the hills.

Maybe the dealers are trying to push the sales of the TSIs and from the media you may get impressions that it really is the end of the diesel in the pasanger cars, but don’t get mislead, the diesel engines are here to stay, because there are obvious advantages over the petrol, even the electric.
    Last edited by Transporter; 19-11-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Don't forget if you were in a serious car accident with your family what would you prefer to be sitting on , 55 litres of highly flammable unleaded fuel or much lower flammable diesel.
    So there must be a lot of worried drivers in the world as approx 90% of all cars are fueled by that highly volatile stuff called petrol. A rather inane comment.

Diesel will burn if it gets a wick with a flame as well
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast