Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 132 comfortline vs 140 tdi questions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    So there must be a lot of worried drivers in the world as approx 90% of all cars are fueled by that highly volatile stuff called petrol. A rather inane comment.

Diesel will burn if it gets a wick with a flame as well

True but diesel has a much higher flashpoint than petrol

Petrol will give off vapors and ignite at a spark or small flame at temps as low as -40c!

Diesels flashpoint is +60c i could flick lighted matches into a open can of diesel all day and not ignite it could you do the same with petrol?

Also in regard to the petrol vs diesel debate i came down on diesel side the torque is awesome test drive both and see how you feel
    also the 7 speed dsg is so much better than the 6 speed you get in the petrol version
    Last edited by Kachingg; 19-11-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post

Petrol will give off vapors and ignite at a spark or small flame at temps as low as -40c!

Diesels flashpoint is +60c i could flick lighted matches into a open can of diesel all day and not ignite it could you do the same with petrol?
    I know all that and i think you are scaremongering. If we all considered that none of us would buy petrol cars would we.

The worst car for that was a Ford Pinto and people even bought them. In fact I had one as a hire car in Vegas years ago. Had to change down when the aircon cut in Was a absolute POS

No wonder so many got rear ended they were too slow to get out of the way.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 19-11-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I know all that and i think you are scaremongering. If we all considered that none of us would buy petrol cars would we.
    No not scaremongering just setting out the facts of the matter

Tbh if your in a crash that is violent enough to rupture the fuel tank in a modern car your probably already dead so its rather a moot point

Users Country Flag

Also in regard to the petrol vs diesel debate i came down on diesel side the torque is awesome test drive both and see how you feel
    also the 7 speed dsg is so much better than the 6 speed you get in the petrol version
    6spd DSG only in 140TDI Highline and 206TSI R-Line, the 7spd DSG is in the 132TSI / 132TSI Comfortline.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    No not scaremongering just setting out the facts of the matter

Tbh if your in a crash that is violent enough to rupture the fuel tank in a modern car your probably already dead so its rather a moot point
    If we all worried about that no one would buy a petrol car would they.

Jeez you have more chance of getting killed as a pedestrian
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    6spd DSG only in 140TDI Highline and 206TSI R-Line, the 7spd DSG is in the 132TSI / 132TSI Comfortline.
    Ah i see the passat does not get the new dq381 wet 7 speed shame as its a stonker of a gearbox

The box in the 132tsi will be the 7speed dry clutch dq200 and the 6 speed will be the dq250 wet clutch dsg before you make your mind up check the forums for issues with these boxs as the dry clutch 7 speed has had a lot of issues that are mainly fixed now but some still have issues

The dq250 is a wet clutch box and has been around for many years and unless abused/not serviced(oil and filter change ever 60k)is very robust the one in my old mark 6 highline diesel has 150k on it and still going strong in my daughters hands

Check out the alltrack thread as the 7.5 version has all the latest goodies as well as the 132tsi with a 6 speed wet dsg and 135tdi with the superb dq381 wet dsg also you get awd and off road capabilty it is really a superb car ( disclaimer: I own a 7.5 tdi alltrack and love it so my opinion may be a little one eyed )

Whatever you get i hope you enjoy it

good luck
    Last edited by Kachingg; 19-11-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I was so impressed with the MY18 140TDI, I just bought a Highline with R-Line pack and Luxury pack. Got a "demo" with 14 delivery km only. I.e. they registered it to be a demo, then I bought it. It's still parked in the showroom! lol I'm sure I'm not the first but it was nice to get a brand new car for a demo price. Got the finance rate down to 5.3% so $200 a fortnight with a $15,000 balloon after 5 years. Happy with that!

It's the metallic silver (can't remember the specific name) and gets a brand new battery before delivery as it's been a showroom car.

I was initially going to get the 206TSI R-Line, in fact I was hoping to get the new Volvo V90 but at over $110,000 on the road, it's just not justifiable. But instead have ended up with the 140TDI Highline. More torque in the diesel which I like. And we do over 120km a day. Half country, half city. Actually more like two thirds country, one third city. Better mileage is a bonus and for cruising you can't tell them apart. I have my motorcycle for my weekend fun and spirited jaunts.

Loving all the tech. I drove the new XC60 too and for the extra $30,000 you pretty much get a heads up display and that's it. Other than that, I think the VW Passat wagon wins - definitely on value for money. It's a mid size that feels like a larger car than it is from the inside. Enough room in the wagon's boot for both our Great Dane and the baby's pram! The reviews all say that Volvo's and VW's ACC, LKA, AEB are as good as each other and the best in the market at the moment. And the new MY18 centre console screen is absolutely amazing!

Getting the front windows tinted to match (as close as possible) the privacy glass, and having the rest of the glass UV clear "tinted" as privacy glass isn't UV protecting. Told them to include it in the price, and it is.

Annoyances? For the RHD market, If VW can move the start button from the left to the right, why not the other buttons on the left of the shifter? And to a lesser extent, why not the cupholders and park brake being swapped. Why no vented/cooled seats? Why no heads up display? (although with that gorgeous instrument console I think it makes a HUD redundant) And that front Euro plate mount! Euro plates are $700!!! (eeeek!). But I have seen the remove/plug holes option.

Picking it up Thursday arvo hopefully. Here's the pics from the Carsales ad.

Last edited by Rocket36; 16-01-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Looks great mate!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    So I'm happy with it for sure! And the wife loves it... It's her new daily.

But with the R-Line pack, the tailgate assist (using your foot to open the tailgate) is deleted. Which is sad. You'd think a fully loaded model was actually fully loaded.

The driver's seat convenience thing where it goes back to make getting out easier after you turn the car off doesn't ever return back to exactly the right position for the seat base tilt (all the way down at the back and all the way up at the front). Slight annoyance.

The Park Pilot is a bit hit and miss. Thinks a lot of perpendicular spots are parallel. Meh, we know how to park and the progressive steering is AWESOME so having the Park Pilot was always a bit of a gimmick.

Agree that the diesel is a bit of a slug but it's entirely due to turbo lag (and maybe because we're driving in Eco mode). It's got plenty of torque once the turbo kicks in and pushes you back into the seat. A small annoyance for the fuel savings gained (we do a lot of country km).

The long cruise is so beautiful. ACC is AWESOME. How did I live without that? And the lane keep assist - if only it lasted longer. Does anyone know how to get the ACC to start off again on its own from stop without pressing the RES button on the wheel?

Oh, is there a way to default the engine stopping when the car stops from being default. Have to turn it off every time we get in the car.

Can they start remotely to pre-cool or pre-heat the cabin? It seems to be a reasonably standard feature to be omitted. Even base model Commodores have had this for years!

And finally... Privacy glass... Is it as much protection as the film tinted glass I had put on the front doors? I've done a lot of searching and reading and seems that from what I have read, even side window glass in cars that's not tinted or privacy glass will provide protection. People have said the whole sun protection thing has become a marketing gimmick for the tinters. But what's the truth?

Cheers!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    So I'm happy with it for sure! And the wife loves it... It's her new daily.

But with the R-Line pack, the tailgate assist (using your foot to open the tailgate) is deleted. Which is sad. You'd think a fully loaded model was actually fully loaded.

The driver's seat convenience thing where it goes back to make getting out easier after you turn the car off doesn't ever return back to exactly the right position for the seat base tilt (all the way down at the back and all the way up at the front). Slight annoyance.

The Park Pilot is a bit hit and miss. Thinks a lot of perpendicular spots are parallel. Meh, we know how to park and the progressive steering is AWESOME so having the Park Pilot was always a bit of a gimmick.

Agree that the diesel is a bit of a slug but it's entirely due to turbo lag (and maybe because we're driving in Eco mode). It's got plenty of torque once the turbo kicks in and pushes you back into the seat. A small annoyance for the fuel savings gained (we do a lot of country km).

The long cruise is so beautiful. ACC is AWESOME. How did I live without that? And the lane keep assist - if only it lasted longer. Does anyone know how to get the ACC to start off again on its own from stop without pressing the RES button on the wheel?

Oh, is there a way to default the engine stopping when the car stops from being default. Have to turn it off every time we get in the car.

Can they start remotely to pre-cool or pre-heat the cabin? It seems to be a reasonably standard feature to be omitted. Even base model Commodores have had this for years!

And finally... Privacy glass... Is it as much protection as the film tinted glass I had put on the front doors? I've done a lot of searching and reading and seems that from what I have read, even side window glass in cars that's not tinted or privacy glass will provide protection. People have said the whole sun protection thing has become a marketing gimmick for the tinters. But what's the truth?

Cheers!
    MY18 comes with 18'' RIMs now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast