Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snerlo's R36 DRL Mk2 Installation

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I see that you hooked the dim operation up to the xenons rather than the parkers. Nice work. Which wire did you tap if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't game mucking around with them as I have heard that there is some serious voltage in that region so I didn't want to upset the applecart!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    I tapped the thicker cable which feeds the ballast. Given its going to a relay I figured the worst that could happen would be I'd kill the relay, nothing in the light assembly itself.

Seems to be working fine.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Snerlo.

On that page one of the options is for Emitting Colour, with either green or red to be selected. I don't understand the choice. What does it mean and which is the best option?
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

Users Country Flag
    Red. This one dims the drls by 50% when headlights or parkers are on.
    Green just turns the drls off instead.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Great. I'll go for the red option.

Thanks.
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Kamold has hit it on the head. Yeah, i presume most will go for the dimming option
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    I dont want to should stupid, but having never used Alibaba, what have you found the best way to pay for things is? I cant use paypal on there. Sorry to Hijack the thread, but seing as a lot of you guys are familiar with it I thought id ask.

Thanks.
    2008 Passat Wagon - 125 TDI - Black on Black - All stock, for now!

Users Country Flag
    Just use your CC. It's annoying they don't accept PayPal but I've never had an issue using my Visa on there.

Users Country Flag
    Perfect, thanks, there is so much Passat gear on there cheap! My CC is going to cop a flogging after Xmas!
    2008 Passat Wagon - 125 TDI - Black on Black - All stock, for now!

Users Country Flag

I am first to admit I have a bit of an aliexpress addiction...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast