Thread: Side mirror globe removal. How to?

Users Country Flag

Side mirror globe removal. How to?

Does anyone know how to remove the globe under the side view mirror on the B6 passat (r36) not the indicator the 'foot light'

Sorry i dont even know if the globe has a particular name.... And are these linked to the CANBUS system?

Users Country Flag
    I believe you need to pop the mirror glass off to access the bulb
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    It's known as a puddle light.
    You need to rotate the mirror all the way forward, which will expose the screw holding the puddle light assembly in place.
    You can then pull out the plastic puddle light cover and get to the globe.

Have a look here for some pics which will assist (credits to snerlo)
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Yep as per kamold, it's incredibly easy, you definitely do not need to pop the mirror glass off. (Although that too is incredibly easy, easier than you'd think.)
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    I always was so very careful when messing with the glass. the replacement cost of the auto dimming right mirror is almost $1000!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeys View Post
    Yep as per kamold, it's incredibly easy, you definitely do not need to pop the mirror glass off. (Although that too is incredibly easy, easier than you'd think.)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    I always was so very careful when messing with the glass. the replacement cost of the auto dimming right mirror is almost $1000!
    Hah, such a rip off. I'd be chasing down a wreck on that one!
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    Here is the thread with all the details..

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...tml?highlight=

Hey, is there an easy way to remove the painted cover, I'm thinking of painting them chrome or silver etc...

Users Country Flag
    If it's the same as the Mk7 mirror covers (the only ones I've removed, can't imagine there is much if any difference) then you firstly remove the mirror glass, then you'll be able to see inside where the plastic clips are holding the mirror cover in place.
    Gently pry the clips off their tabs and pull the cover off.

Check these instructions for more details
    http://www.uspmotorsports.com/downlo...structions.pdf
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks !