Thread: For sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads

Users Country Flag

For sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads

Chaps

Having just moved and found, at the back of the garage (whoops) a full brand-new set of EBC OE spec front and rear brake discs/rotors and relevant brand new Ultimax OEM replacement pads.

I've been active here in the past with various VW's and had my R36 for a few years, but last year sold it when I started a new job with company car. The boxes are quite broken as you can see but discs are fine.

I'm a big fan of EBC brakes having used them before on different vehicles but never actually needed to use them - and I bought them as my previous role had lots of travelling and because I was often in England, purchased them and brought them back (as had a massive luggage allowance!) - and then never needed to use them.

Don;t have to buy them both - front and rear sets can be sold separately, but the pads and rotors will stay together.

Any questions please ask, and also please check these items do fit your car. I bought them for a MY10 R36 wagon.

They are bloody heavy so best to look at a collection from either Camberwell (evening) or Campbellfield (day).

Shipping can be arranged if required at cost.

Front set $200. Rears $180.

Images for reference...

For sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-5-jpgFor sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-4-jpgFor sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-3-jpgFor sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-2-jpgFor sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-1-jpgFor sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-jpgFor sale - brand new R36 front and rear rotors and pads-s-l500-6-jpg
    2010 R36 (MY10.5), Biscay Blue, RNS510, MDI, Electric tailgate, sunroof, Superchips remap - SOLD
    2016 Octavia VRS wagon, moon white, Tech Pack, 18" black pack, electric boot, panoramic sunroof, Bluefin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Or just make me an offer - not a lot of use to me!
    2010 R36 (MY10.5), Biscay Blue, RNS510, MDI, Electric tailgate, sunroof, Superchips remap - SOLD
    2016 Octavia VRS wagon, moon white, Tech Pack, 18" black pack, electric boot, panoramic sunroof, Bluefin

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

I was going to go down the ATE ceramic pads as well as the ATE rotors route... I'm also now in Brisbane so would need to check for shipping costs which may be prohibitive compared to just getting the ATE set up here.

I've also got a R36 MY10.5 Wagon, so *should* fit but need to check the specific model numbers of the vehicles. What PR number do these suit? It will be on your build plate either in the rear of the vehicle or the front cover of the service book. Something like 1KU, 1KW, 2EA, 2EL, etc
    Mine is 1LM (assuming I'm looking at the right PR Code).

Can you double check the model numbers? Looks like below... but image isn't 100% clear or my eyes are failing me.

Disks:
    D1416 - EBC D Series Premium OE Replacement Discs (PAIR) (REAR)?
    D1285 - EBC D Series Premium OE Replacement Discs (PAIR) (FRONT)?

Pads:
    DP1594 - EBC Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads (FRONT)
    DP1518 - EBC Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads (REAR)
    .:R36 MY10.5::Wagon::Biscay Blue::Adaptive Dampers::Sunroof::Wheels:.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi again - the model numbers are all correct and on checking again with the EBC brakes website, these are all the correct ones.

My R36 (now sold) was a MY10.5 so I specifically bought them for this car so I don;t see any reason they would not fit at all.

You can so some checking but there were, I think, only two variants for brakes - early model cars and later model cars. Up to chassis code 3C7 and then code 3C8 onwards. Mine was the later version.

Users Country Flag

Hi again slipshot!

Thanks for these. Fitted the rear set yesterday and now bedding in well. The old discs had radial cracks, so clearly over due for replacement!

It was a pleasure. Keep me in mind of you find any other R36 parts floating around!