Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RNS510 issue

RNS510 issue

Hey all. Has anyone experienced a problem with their head unit and the reverse camera unit that after you reverse and then put in drive or park the head unit goes black but stays with the reverse grid lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Camera is losing power most likely.
    Is it a highline camera ie bending guidelines?
    Last edited by kamold; 29-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

RNS510 issue

Yes it is bending lines. Not a highline though just a MY13 TSI Passat

If there camera was losing power would there badge flip down back to normal

Users Country Flag
    Bending guidelines is a highline camera module (not the named of the car model).
    You need to get a scan of the car for faults codes. That will give some more info about what is failing.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Oh OK. Maybe it's part of the upgrade because I also have park assist.

I've not had the car long. Would I just go to VW to get the codes checked?

Users Country Flag
    No you don't need to go to a dealer.
    Just find someone locally with VCDS or OBD11.

Well if they it's anyone on here in northern sub melb I'd appreciate the help.

I was also just looking on ebay and there are a number of the OBD2 units on there for like $40 I wondered if it's get much value.

Users Country Flag
    No they are not much value.
    They will give you generic OBD codes, but won't be able to decode VW specific ones.

Ah OK

Bizarre update the issue has not happened again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast