Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RNS-510 changed colors overnight

The main battery? I've got it tested when I do my tyres, and they say it's in good condition. I'd expect flash memory to survive a powerloss in any case.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

I'm looking to upgrade my basic radio to one with bluetooth, GPS etc...I have a 2008 R36 sedan, do I use RNS510 or ??

Users Country Flag
    You can use an RNS510 which is the OEM option.
    Has the best integration.

For Bluetooth that then requires a 9ZA module, and given you have a red MFD you would also need a FISlink. This converts the BT's 'BAP' output to 'DDP' for your instrument cluster.
    Another option is the RCD330G plus which does not have navigation, but has integrated bluetooth (no seperate module needed) and Apple Carplay which can use your apple phone for navigation. It doesn't support Android Auto at this point but that support may be coming.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks , will look into that....

Quote Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
    The main battery? I've got it tested when I do my tyres, and they say it's in good condition. I'd expect flash memory to survive a powerloss in any case.
    Hey, I just clicked on Kamold's fislink web link and the page says:

"Another extra function is that solve battery drain issues with newest RNS-510 Firmwares (from 26xx) in cars equipped with gateways prior to index K (not necessary to change gateway to avoid battery drain)"

Could this be your problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My RNS-510 is a H70 v4120, the CAN gateway is a H40 v1632.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

are the RCD330G plus OK to buy from ebay ? Is it an easy job to change RCD500 to RCD330G plus by myself, any special tools required and where do you start to take fascias off ?

Users Country Flag
    You'll just need a T20 torq driver to take out the 4 screws holding the head unit in place.
    Pop out the facia with a trim tool (or your fingers) by grabbing the bottom edge. Easy peasy.
    There may or may not be some coding required on the new head unit. I've never seen one.
    Last edited by kamold; 22-04-2017 at 07:22 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

OK Thanks

I think i found the problem. The battery comment made me think, since I had used the ipod port for charging devices. I removed anything connected there, and now the coding has been ok several nights in a row. So I guess that port is now just a useless thing taking up space where the car manual should sit instead.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast