Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Recall letter to fix Dieselgate

Users Country Flag

Recall letter to fix Dieselgate

Got an email today to say can take car to dealer to get software updated to remove the cheat

Assures me it wont alter ANYTHING with the power etc of the engine.

Should I believe them

Should I do it

What if I dont
    2011 Passat TDI Wagon, Cashmere Brown, Bluemotion, Auto tailgate, Driving assistance package, Front assist, City EB, Lane assist, Adaptive Cruise, swiveling Xenons, Park assist 2, RVC, Satnav, 12 way Memory seats, Tilting & remote folding Mirrors, Desert Beige Nappa interior, Walnut trims etc. Front Dash cam Blackvue DR500GW HD WIFI and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam. Polaris HUD for speed readout
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue DR400G HD dashcam.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Got an email today to say can take car to dealer to get software updated to remove the cheat

Assures me it wont alter ANYTHING with the power etc of the engine.

Should I believe them

Should I do it

What if I dont
    If I wasn't a tuner. I'd be considering having the ECU read out as it is now. Then if the update isnt to your liking. You can just get a tune or the original file put back

Users Country Flag
    Don't rush into it. Let everyone else with the same vehicle and engine try it out, and see what they say.

Users Country Flag
    Had my 2015 Jetta 2.0 TDI in for its 30,000 service at dealers today and was told it was due for a "free update".
    I asked what sort of an upate and then found out it was to fix the diesel emission problem.
    I was assured it wasn't mandatory and I could elect to have it done at a later time ( within a certain time frame I guess)
    They said "it shouldn't affect performance or economy; they'd already done a handful and had had no adverse feedback"
    I declined (for now) and it was pointed out that any susequent engine "updates" would not be offered until this one was done.
    So guys; anyone had it done on this model ?
    Thanks for your feed back in advance.

Users Country Flag
    You may need to factor in a certain level of placebo though, when it comes to gathering opinions.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Will wait watch and carefully analyse opinions
    2011 Passat TDI Wagon, Cashmere Brown, Bluemotion, Auto tailgate, Driving assistance package, Front assist, City EB, Lane assist, Adaptive Cruise, swiveling Xenons, Park assist 2, RVC, Satnav, 12 way Memory seats, Tilting & remote folding Mirrors, Desert Beige Nappa interior, Walnut trims etc. Front Dash cam Blackvue DR500GW HD WIFI and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam. Polaris HUD for speed readout
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue DR400G HD dashcam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Will wait watch and carefully analyse opinions
    Will be interesting to see if anyone on here invests in a before and after dyno run to confirm or refute VW's claims as to nil effect.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Like most on this thread, and my previous posts in other Dieselgate related threads, I am going to sit out Rev.A of the update. As I have posted before, I cannot see how a can software update can fix the cheat without deleterious effects. If so then it is my contention that VAG should have/would have snuck it out as a general update, just like your smartphones.

My only concern is that some pimply apprentice will carry out the update as part of a standard service even if you decline it

Users Country Flag
    Like everyone else said, I'd wait. The reason VW embedded code to detect when the car was undergoing emissions testing was because it couldn't pass the emissions testing without it.

So it seems logical to assume that performance and/or economy will be negatively impacted to some extent when the cheat code is deleted. The question is how much?

Some comments from Amarok owners ..

Any problems after the Emissions Update?

The conclusion is that there is no conclusion ... lol

Some say that their cars have been affected positively, some negatively. Go figure.
    2013 MK II Octavia vRS
    2013 Focus ST

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast