Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R36 wagon brake "upgrade"

Users Country Flag

R36 wagon brake "upgrade"

Hi all,

So my rear brakes are shagged and I am going to take this opportunity to change to ATE ceramic pads. The ATE website suggests that you change the rotors when swapping to the ceramic pads and I'm considering the DBA Street Series T2 rotors.

DBA Street Series T2 Slotted Brake Rotor Suit Rear VW Volkswagen Passat 3.6L R36

I'm looking into these for the added performance and sportier styling. My concern is they might be noisy. Does anyone have any experience with these rotors?

TIA
    Dom

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Interested to know as well
    I have the exact parts combo ready but the factory discs and pads are still going strong...
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
    Hi all,

So my rear brakes are shagged and I am going to take this opportunity to change to ATE ceramic pads. The ATE website suggests that you change the rotors when swapping to the ceramic pads and I'm considering the DBA Street Series T2 rotors.

DBA Street Series T2 Slotted Brake Rotor Suit Rear VW Volkswagen Passat 3.6L R36

I'm looking into these for the added performance and sportier styling. My concern is they might be noisy. Does anyone have any experience with these rotors?

TIA
    Dom

Hey mate i am getting ate pads with drilled rotors next week Zimmerman rotors tho not t2 but should be similar will be posting results in the alltrack and mark 7 brake forums will make sure i mention noise levels for you
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Hey mate i am getting ate pads with drilled rotors next week Zimmerman rotors tho not t2 but should be similar will be posting results in the alltrack and mark 7 brake forums will make sure i mention noise levels for you
    I'll look it for your post!

Users Country Flag
    T3 front w ate ceramic & T2 rear w ate ceramic.

- Didn't notice any extra noise personally. (Maybe a tiny noise directly following a car wash; wheels/brakes subjected to pressure washer)
    - Noticed less brake dust, but definitely still there
    - Have not driven hard enough to notice incremental performance benefits

Hth.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    No more running wild...

Quote Originally Posted by fried View Post
    T3 front w ate ceramic & T2 rear w ate ceramic.

- Didn't notice any extra noise personally. (Maybe a tiny noise directly following a car wash; wheels/brakes subjected to pressure washer)
    - Noticed less brake dust, but definitely still there
    - Have not driven hard enough to notice incremental performance benefits

Hth.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Perfect thanks for the info!

Users Country Flag
    T3 front
    T2 rear
    Remsa semi ceramic pads front + rear
    Still dusty, no real noticeable noise, takes a few hard brakes when cold to bite but otherwise pretty good.
    R36

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
    Hi all,

TIA
    Dom

You shouldn’t have noises with the DBA rotors and ATE Ceramic pads, as long as fitted correctly.

Users Country Flag
    Yep go for it got ate front and rear now no noise at all that's with Zimmerman drilled rotors
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    T3 front
    T2 rear
    Remsa semi ceramic pads front + rear
    Still dusty, no real noticeable noise, takes a few hard brakes when cold to bite but otherwise pretty good.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast