Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R36 Wagon Boot Rubber Liner-Where to buy and how much?

Users Country Flag

R36 Wagon Boot Rubber Liner-Where to buy and how much?

Hi Passat Owners,

I scored myself a Blue R36 wagon today and will pick up in one week.

The car does not have a rubber boot liner so I want to buy one now.

I searched forum and no clue where to buy that. I want to buy the rubber type, not the foam one.

It seems B6 and B7 use the same boot liner. Is that correct?

Where did you guys get and how much?

Thanks in advance.

Update on 25 Feb 2014:

I ordered boot liner from travall.com.au. $69.99 for boot liner and $53 for shipping(contact them first for the shipping quote). It took 5 days to get here, delivered by UPS. Item was well packed. This boot liner is rubber and it has raise edge about 1 cm. The fit is perfect. $123 well spent, highly recommended!

Last edited by Passat R36; 24-02-2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Update

Users Country Flag
    I havent got one, nor searched for one but maybe ebay is a good first port of call mate. Congrats on the purchase too. Pics, or it didnt happen!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    The "Rubber" one isn't actually rubber like the boot mats you buy for $39 at Supercrap It is a hard foam and much lighter than rubber.

I got one when I bought the car The RRP was $368 at the time.

I paid for what I thought was it and they put a $180 foam one in. After a few discussions I got the dear one but its still a foam type mat.

In the brochure it is called a "Luggage compartment Tray" as per here

Passat Wagon Accessories < Accessories < Looking to Buy? < Volkswagen Australia

The one with the Passat logo on left side.

The right hand one "Luggage Compartment Liner' is the foam one

I had bought the $39 one and trimmed it to fit and now it sits on top of the VW one.

It weighs at least twice as much to give you an idea of the difference

This is the correct one 2006 2010 VW Volkswagen Passat Wagen Cargo Liner MAT | eBay

I have also put 3M protective film on my door sills and rear bumpers on both cars Did both for $150 VW want $89 for the rear bumper bit on the Passat and it only covers the top and 20mm down the back. Mine goes right down to the silver trim.
    Was a fun job getting it to fit though. Also did the stainless trims on the door sills with it to stop them getting scratched by heels etc
    Took a weekend to do them as I hadn't done it before but all went well eventually
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 08-02-2014 at 07:32 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by v8snerlo View Post
    I havent got one, nor searched for one but maybe ebay is a good first port of call mate. Congrats on the purchase too. Pics, or it didnt happen!
    Pictures will come in one week time, be hold,haha, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The "Rubber" one isn't actually rubber like the boot mats you buy for $39 at Supercrap It is a hard foam and much lighter than rubber.

I got one when I bought the car The RRP was $368 at the time.

I paid for what I thought was it and they put a $180 foam one in. After a few discussions I got the dear one but its still a foam type mat.

In the brochure it is called a "Luggage compartment Tray" as per here

Passat Wagon Accessories < Accessories < Looking to Buy? < Volkswagen Australia

The one with the Passat logo on left side.

The right hand one "Luggage Compartment Liner' is the foam one

I had bought the $39 one and trimmed it to fit and now it sits on top of the VW one.

It weighs at least twice as much to give you an idea of the difference

This is the correct one 2006 2010 VW Volkswagen Passat Wagen Cargo Liner MAT | eBay

I have also put 3M protective film on my door sills and rear bumpers on both cars Did both for $150 VW want $89 for the rear bumper bit on the Passat and it only covers the top and 20mm down the back. Mine goes right down to the silver trim.
    Was a fun job getting it to fit though. Also did the stainless trims on the door sills with it to stop them getting scratched by heels etc
    Took a weekend to do them as I hadn't done it before but all went well eventually
    Thank you Sir for spending the time to write in details, much appreciated!

Yes, the "Liner" I am looking for is the TRAY. I have this type of plastic/rubber tray in my current hatchback and really love it, that why I am looking for the same thing. On carsales I saw a few Passat wagons have the tray, wondering where did they get them. Did you say the TRAY is not available from VW Aus?

I have not had a plan to apply the protective film on my yet, the edge of the film is hard to clean up, is that correct? Thinking about leaving a big piece microfiber cloth in the boot, when i need to load stuff, just use the cloth to cover the bumper, haha...

Again, thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Passat R36; 08-02-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    Thank you Sir for spending the time to write in details, much appreciated!

Yes, the "Liner" I am looking for is the TRAY. I have this type of plastic/rubber tray in my current hatchback and really love it, that why I am looking for the same thing. On carsales I saw a few Passat wagons have the tray, wondering where did they get them. Did you say the TRAY is not available from VW Aus?

I have not had a plan to apply the protective film on my yet, the edge of the film is hard to clean up, is that correct? Thinking about leaving a big piece microfiber cloth in the boot, when i need to load stuff, just use the cloth to cover the bumper, haha...

Again, thanks for your help!
    When I got mine I enquired about the price and was told $368 I couldn't believe a bit of foam was worth that.

I only paid the $180 but ended up with the dear one

Yes they are available from VW, or were when I got mine.

No its not hard to clean if you put it on properly and use stuff called Plexus plastic polish available at motorbike shops for $22 a spray can Do it monthly.

Still cant see the edges on my cars after 2 years.

These were taken to show the edges and square on you cant see them

Thanks for taking the photos, looks really clean, nice job, I bet it's hard to apply the film on, haha...I will think about the film option, thanks.

Can I please trouble you again? Can you please take a photo of the tray in the boot? Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Will do in the morning Watching Olympics ATM

No film is Ok to put on the place I bought it from supplied full instructions

I have however put decals on taxis in another life Lol so had an idea of how to do it

Users Country Flag
    Here you go

The first is both mats in the boot

Second is to show how light and stiff it is in comparison the the Supercheap one which is too heavy to hold up with arm extended and falls in a heap on the ground

Third is the VW one.

On looking at the pics on the VW accessories page Mine looks different to the liner on there.

Wonder if the salesman stiffed me with this as it has the cutouts for the luggage clips and the liner doesn't.

It is however thicker and harder than the foam one they originally supplied.

Will look further into this
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 09-02-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks, the VW one looks nice!

I will keep searching locally. If VW here charges an arm and a leg for one, I will buy the eBay you posted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast