Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R36 for sale, well looked after, any reasonable offer considered

Surprised you haven't had any interest. It's a great car for under $20k
    If it was a manual wagon I'd be interested.
    GLWS
    2006 VW Golf GTI Silver Mk5 5dr manual no options (the way nature intended) SOLD
    2012 Skoda Octavis RS wagon, race blue, red stitch interior, DSG SOLD
    2008 Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon (Mk II, pre-FL) 2.0 TFSI 147Kw 6 MT bright yellow SOLD
    Other: 2013 Mercedes B250 Sliver Command Pack panoramic roof

Mine is an MY08 and I've never had a DSG problem. Also I have decent wheels, not the crap OE ones which crack going over a pot hole.

Users Country Flag
    I'm surprised you've had no interest eurobahn5, I'm considering selling my R36 to upgrade and with the level of interest for your well looked after 36 I may have to reconsider. Good luck with the sale, I hope you manage a sale soon

Some A..hole just offered 15K for my R36. I think i'll keep it...it's actually an awesome car, drives like new...

Are you still selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ad is still on carsales so I guess if the right offer comes along it's still for sale.

Although these are great cars they are getting to the age that things are starting to wear out and potential maintenance costs are probably what keeps people away from owning these. They are not a cheap car to maintain if anything does go wrong.

If you have a look at redbook it actually lists the 2009 sedan valuation prices:

*Private Price Guide $15,800 - $18,100
    *Trade In Price Guide $12,300 - $14,600
    *Average Km 110,000 - 180,000

Now I know everyone says that redbook is not on the money yada yada, however a lot of dealers will look at it to base their trade-in offers. And if you get a better offer, more than likely they are playing with margins in the car they're selling you to make the trade-in look better than it is.

Anyway regardless the reason that all the R36s are sitting around its clear they are priced too high for people to take the punt on them. And/or their current owners are enjoying them too much

I love the R36 too, but would only own one if I got it for a very good price and had the money in the bank for any future repairs. Plus I'd be after the white MFD with newer style steering wheel, blue, wagon. So yes people can get pretty picky on colours, options, body style... which makes it hard to sell as people are often very specific with these cars.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

R36s are starting to get a bit old for some used car dealers now. However those who put one in the yard tend to factor in a decent margin to cover the possibility of paying for expensive repairs as a warranty claim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12