Thread: R36 Passat aftermarket brake pads

Users Country Flag

R36 Passat aftermarket brake pads

Hi guys.

I know this topic has been done to death but can anybody shed some light on what the best way to head is in relation to a good set of aftermarket brake pads front & rear.

I am trying to find pads to be combined with some already purchased DBA club spec 4000 series T3 slotted rotors.

In short the winmax range look awesome but there is no way I am shelling out $500 for pads when I can get OEM pads
    F & R for about $180, without some very good feedback & reasons

I have a quote for Remsa pads through a mate for around $183 but are hearing mixed reviews about them.

Also plenty of people recommend Hawk pads however I cant seem to find anybody who sells them for an R36!!!

I am also currently waiting on a quote & whether Ferodo DS performance pads are available in both F & R, anybody know?

My basic requirements are for less dust, better feel & less pad fade. I also dont want to be faced with constant ear splitting brake squeal. A bit of squeal when cold when the brakes are hit the first few times is most likely a given and would be acceptable .

I doubt very much that the car will ever be tracked, hasn't in the last 4 yrs I've owned it, however if it was to be, would prob only be once to see just how quick it is. I may / would however maybe like to have a crack at a hill climb but, I didn't buy a wagon to race it. However it does cop the odd little bit of "spirited" driving when the road conditions permit.

The car has been extensively modified & is pumping out a substantial power & torque improvement.

Hoping somebody out there can pass on some good recommendations

cheers

Users Country Flag
    Try some ate ceramic pads if your after less brake dust i have them on my car with r brakes (340mm front and 310mm rear) and after the bedding in they preform great and so much less dust

Check the forum in detailing i have a thread there with photos about how clean they keep the wheels

Pads were from memory $226 for fronts and $145 for rears expect a lot longer life out of them compared to stock oem
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

cheers, will check out