Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R36 Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Fault

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up mate. If i can get one for in the 100's then i might think about getting two because you would assume that maybe if one goes, the other might not far behind, but ill try and have a look on ebay.co.uk. Appreciate your advice. I was actually going to try and find out which one it definitely is by unplugging one and seeing if it throws a code up. That way ill definitely know.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    What was your outcome here Snerlo.

I've had my wifes R36 out at Euro Aus for a similar problem. They replaced the Sensor they said was a problem and cleared the CEL. Drove it home and before I even got home the light was on again.

They are saying that potentially it may require another one and that I should drop it back down for a rescan.

Thoughts... also rang Jmac, but as usual got his voicemail.
    | 2008 R36 Wagon | Black | Dynaudio | Auto-Tailgate | RNS510 | RVC |

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    To tell you the truth mate, i have actually done nothing. As the car was still running fine with the light on, i just was running around and then one day, the light dissappeared, and hasnt come back on! That was quite a while ago now, so maybe it has sorted itself out, or healed itself! ����
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    maybe it has sorted itself out, or healed itself! ����
    If only every VW had this feature...

Good result!

Users Country Flag
    A mate at work had the same problem with his b6 3.2l Passat.
    He ignored it too.
    From what I understand the issue with the lambda probes is with a heater circuit in the probe, not the O2 sensor part. I have no idea but guess that in cold climates the heater circuit might be required for the sensor to supply correct readings until up to temp from the exhaust. So if the heater circuit is failing then the probe will just send inaccurate readings for a while until it's warmed up. Which in aus in most places wouldn't take more than a few minutes. So ignoring or resetting the fault code will probably have very little effect other than perhaps running a bit rich or lean (depending which way the probe is out) until warmed by the exhaust.
    Maybe someone with some actual knowledge could provide proper guidance...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    one of my current many faults is this senser, but mine is apparently b1s1 so I'm guessing bank 1 = passenger side? and whats does the s mean? any help would be good cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by try000 View Post
    one of my current many faults is this senser, but mine is apparently b1s1 so I'm guessing bank 1 = passenger side? and whats does the s mean? any help would be good cheers
    Bank 1 sensor 1. Sensor 2 being the rearmost one after the cat. Which is the tell tale for cat efficiency.

I'd disconnect the passenger one and check the fault code that comes up to confirm you are on the right one.

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Bank 1 sensor 1. Sensor 2 being the rearmost one after the cat. Which is the tell tale for cat efficiency.

I'd disconnect the passenger one and check the fault code that comes up to confirm you are on the right one.

Gavin
    So this problem hasraised it's head again. Last time B1S2 was replaced... not it was B1S1... so I had this done... now less than a month later it's throwing error saying B1S2 is a problem... less than 24 months after it was replaced!

HELP!!! 2#$#@#$@ car
    | 2008 R36 Wagon | Black | Dynaudio | Auto-Tailgate | RNS510 | RVC |

Users Country Flag

If you can reset the fault code code you can just ignore it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12