Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R36 MFD Error

On the battery issue - My OEM battery was giving hints that it was expiring at about 6 years. I took it to my battery place and they put a tester on it which showed it had no problems. But that was wrong. 2 months later I gave up and had a Fiamm battery put in, which cured all the signs.

So my advice on a 7+ year old battery is to stop faffing around and just replace it.

2008 Blue Graphite GTI DSG with Latte leather.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well, the battery started cutting out more and more so I bit the bullet and ordered a Varta AGM G14 battery from the EBay reseller that sn809 recommended last week. It should have arrived early this week, but, lets just say the mother of all mix ups between the reseller and national distributor meant that by this morning I still hadn't received it when my battery finally died at my daughter's childcare centre. I had to catch a taxi home.

Luckily the reseller managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat and got a sales rep from the national distributor to personally deliver the G14 battery to me in the early afternoon and I was able to get back to the daycare centre to fit the battery. With no power to the tailgate I had to go through the back seat and used the internal latch to open the tailgate and replace the 26kg battery, which wasn't too hard.

Funnily enough the R36 feels smoother with the new battery. Maybe it's just my imagination...
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC, RVC, BT 9w7, Tint and Factory Towbar.
    Atlantic Blue MY19.5 Golf GTI
    Options: Luxury Package and Sound & Style Package.

Users Country Flag

I haven't noticed an internal hatch to open the tailgate on an estate. I will have to check this out just in case I ever need it!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12