Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R36 HID bulb replacement

Users Country Flag

95% of bulbs are fake on ebay.

I had the same issue and managed to get my money back by kicking up a fuss with Paypal.

Buy from Powerbulbs you wont have any problems.
    2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-1.8T View Post
    95% of bulbs are fake on ebay.

I had the same issue and managed to get my money back by kicking up a fuss with Paypal.

Buy from Powerbulbs you wont have any problems.
    Well I have learnt my lesson and won't make the same mistake again!

Did you have to prove to Paypal that they were fake or just nag until they caved?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Nagged till they caved in.

I also contacted the manufacturer to confirm they were fake.

Is the seller in Poland or says they are in the UK but have a Polish name?
    2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-1.8T View Post
    Nagged till they caved in.

I also contacted the manufacturer to confirm they were fake.

Is the seller in Poland or says they are in the UK but have a Polish name?
    Not sure where exactly they are from but the ebay store is called autolamp_com and they say they are based in the UK. When I emailed them to complain they gave some very long winded explanation in slightly broken english so its definitely not their 1st language.

Users Country Flag
    Well, I noticed the dreaded purple light syndrome on my 36 a couple of days ago! GREAT!! So I presume that I have to now buy two as it is a bumper off job. For those that have done the job themselves, did it end up easier than you were expecting. Looks like I now have to buy from powerbulbs!! Any advice would be welcomed.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    It's more a pain in the proverbial than particularly difficult.
    It's easier with 2 people because its pretty flexible once unmounted from the body and its a big bit of plastic.
    And the whole time you're doing it you are just incredulous that the design is so poor....
    There are a lot of things I love about my car...having to remove the whole front bumper to replace a globe is not one of them.

Do yourself a favour and get either Philips Xtreme Vision v2 or Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited.
    Then you shouldn't have to replace them again.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Thanks mate. I just want white bulbs so will look into those two that you mentioned. Cheers.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

I would tend to agree with Kamold. Once you know where all the various fixing points are its not that difficult just annoying and time consuming. A 2nd pair of hands will go a long way especially when it comes to actually pulling the bumper off as it does flex quite a bit. It is also very easy to scratch the paint with the bolts that fix the bumper to quarter panels as they are permanently attached... I found out the hard way...

And make sure you have some zipties to reattach the wiring harness that is fixed to the inside of the bumper. You wont be able to remove the bumper without cutting the originals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234