Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R36 Engine start problem

Users Country Flag

Ohhhh is that under the engine address in my scan? Here is a screenshot of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    And my issue is hot/cold start issues if sitting in the sun and it’s hot outside.. Sort of 28-29 degrees ambient temperature or above

Users Country Flag
    That's the current ecu software version for that engine unfortunately...no update available.
    Was worth checking.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    What does the throttle body look like? Does it open up to 100%?
    What does the intake look like in terms of carbon deposits?

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I assume the 3490 is the software version? My throttle body was cleaned the first time it was taken in for the issue but didn’t help. I was also suspecting carbon build up in the intake but I haven’t removed and inspected that yet. Would ambient heat really have an affect on the affect of carbon build up?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmau5 View Post
    I assume the 3490 is the software version? My throttle body was cleaned the first time it was taken in for the issue but didn’t help. I was also suspecting carbon build up in the intake but I haven’t removed and inspected that yet. Would ambient heat really have an affect on the affect of carbon build up?

Yes that's the software version.
    As for carbon buildup it's just about the only other thing I can think of sorry

Users Country Flag
    Surely the OP is getting email notifications about all this action that his thread is getting.......

Users Country Flag
    Oh thanks for the help too mate. I’ll keep searching.

Users Country Flag
    Are you down on power at all once it does start?
    Possible vacuum leak?

Users Country Flag

For what it's worth I have the same engine with 3488 ECU software and (touch wood) have never had any starting issues in any sort of ambient temperature.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast