Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R36 Engine start problem

Let me join in on the problem.
    I have TSI118 in B7 (2014 model) and it does exactly the same thing in exactly the same conditions (after sitting the sun).
    Replaced battery and two days later the issue came up again.
    Can anyone suggest something before I take it to the dealer: how expensive is this fix going to be?
    Thanks
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI Sportline | DarkNight Tint
    MY14.5 PASSAT 118TSI | Octane Tint

Users Country Flag

R36 Engine start problem

Mine has thrown a p000a code which is camshaft position slow response on bank 1. I’m picking up a new camshaft position sensor tomorrow and going to replace that to see if the issue is corrected. I’ve contacted the OP but no reply, I suspect he is no longer active.

EDIT: mine does it after sitting in the sun also, so hot days the car just doesn’t want to start. It’s definitely heat that affects whatever is going on. The camshaft position sensor part number is 030907601E - I’m not sure if that part fits the TSI engine your Passat has but it could be a starting point if you wish to get your hands on the equivalent for your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by seanmau5; 15-02-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmau5 View Post
    Mine has thrown a p000a code which is camshaft position slow response on bank 1. I’m picking up a new camshaft position sensor tomorrow and going to replace that to see if the issue is corrected. I’ve contacted the OP but no reply, I suspect he is no longer active.

EDIT: mine does it after sitting in the sun also, so hot days the car just doesn’t want to start. It’s definitely heat that affects whatever is going on. The camshaft position sensor part number is 030907601E - I’m not sure if that part fits the TSI engine your Passat has but it could be a starting point if you wish to get your hands on the equivalent for your car.

It all started couple of month ago, when during the start it was turning over. It was happening probably once every two weeks or so. And one day it just died, all clock reset to zero, and upon inserting the key monitors went off. Called RAC to help, they measured battery and said that it needs to be replaced. So I did so with new battery, but only lasted two days until it started turning over again last night during start up.
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI Sportline | DarkNight Tint
    MY14.5 PASSAT 118TSI | Octane Tint

Users Country Flag
    Yea I originally suspected a bad battery also as it was the original so I replaced the battery.. $450 later and no good. Then it was diagnosed that the high pressure fuel pump switch was faulty so I had that replaced. $250 later and no good. Timing chain. $2500 later and no good. This cranking issue has actually ruined the battery that I had installed.

I am so fed up with this car.. Roof liner needs to be replaced - $450. AC takes forever to blow cold - $250 to replace compressor control valve and re-gas. I've had parking brake buttons replaced multiple times as well as the parking brake module. The black plastic trim on the boot lid cracked - $700 for a new one. To top it all off, I need a new dual mass flywheel at $2800 inc labour. It's beginning to get beyond a joke

Guys,
    I'm not an expert, something tells me this could be related to Fuel or fuel pressure.
    Possibly lots of moisture in fuel or pressure build up while sitting in hot weather.

as a reference point,
    Can you pls try changing your filling station, (Possibly Very busy BP petrol station).
    and Try to open the flue lid to release the pressure in the tank before firing up the engine.

Had the same problem in my B7 Diesel Passat, (some time it’s taken about almost 30 seconds to Start),
    I have taken it to my dealer, they told me to go only for BP diesel outlet, since then I have never used any other Diesel.

Good Luck.

Users Country Flag
    I run my Passat CC on BP ultimate only. Haven’t used any other fuel in the nearly 4 years I’ve owned the car. I’m almost 100% certain it’s fuel related. Did it again this afternoon. This time I cranked the car until it finally started; battery, EPC light, running super rough, idling at 400rpm. The very slightest blip of the throttle then away we went. Smooth idle, lights went out, approx 600rpm, good to go. No DTC’s

Users Country Flag
    Finally captured a video of my hard start.

YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Finally captured a video of my hard start.

YouTube

Have you had recall 24k6 done?
    What is your engine ECU software version?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    No little plaque on the car for it. Just the DSG one.

03H 906 032 DQ

Users Country Flag

No little plaque on the car for it. Just the DSG one.

03H 906 032 DQ
    Recall was for an ecu update to fix:

'To cure a random fault with throttle position sender reading an implausible signal for no reason and throwing an ECU fault code. ....Cold start issues....rough running in certain load levels.....'
    etc translated from Dutch...

What is your software version on your ecu?
    Eg 1904 or something...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast