Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R36 Audio upgrade from RNS-510

R36 Audio upgrade from RNS-510

Hello all,

I'm sure the topic has been covered, but I couldn't see a specific reference.

My head unit / Nav has potentially bitten the dust. Reboots don't fix it. Dealer couldn't fix it.

I have the factory Dynaudio speakers.

Should I go for a straight OEM replacement, or are there other after market solutions including Nav I should consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I'd stick with the rns510 since you have dynaudio. It's coded to reduce the output as it's feeding the signal via the amp.

I've actually got a rns510 sitting around that I am planning on selling

Got one recommendation from a quality installer for this.

DDX9017DABS | Multimedia and Navigation | Car Electronics | KENWOOD Australia

The CarPlay functionality does look interesting as I'm an iPhone user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Looks good if it integrates well with the car, the extra features would defiantly be handy!

R36 Audio upgrade from RNS-510

Well I got my stereo installed on Thursday. Fit and finish well done by Strathfield at Brookvale (ex Druery).

DAB+ radio was the pleasant surprise.

And I was happy to see that the little touches, like aircon and seat warmer, displays on the screen.

Steering wheel functions work too, but I haven't got the Nav showing directions on the drivers front display.

Any use for a non-functioning RNS-510? Parts? Reconditioned?

Users Country Flag
    What is the problem with it? And what revision?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    What is the problem with it? And what revision?

Starts up. Stays on German. Crashes if you try to change language. Won't do guidance for Nav, but will display map. Won't play any music (CD or radio). Dealer was no help.

Users Country Flag
    Happy to take a look at it for you see if I can resurrect it

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks Kamold. Where in Sydney are you? And I'd love to look at what you've done for your car! R36 Audio upgrade from RNS-510

Quote Originally Posted by raffinator View Post
    Well I got my stereo installed on Thursday. Fit and finish well done by Strathfield at Brookvale (ex Druery).

DAB+ radio was the pleasant surprise.

And I was happy to see that the little touches, like aircon and seat warmer, displays on the screen.

Steering wheel functions work too, but I haven't got the Nav showing directions on the drivers front display.

Any use for a non-functioning RNS-510? Parts? Reconditioned?

Hey mate, how much did it cost all up for the new unit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast