Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchasing R36 Wagon

Been looking at a white one on carsales.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-4448591

Looks like there have been 6 owners in as little as 8 years across 3 states. Also advertised with 4 months rego when in depth RMS rego check returns as unregistered so cant test drive it. Gonna give it this one a miss. The search continues.....sigh.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussbak View Post
    Been looking at a white one on carsales.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-4448591

Looks like there have been 6 owners in as little as 8 years across 3 states. Also advertised with 4 months rego when in depth RMS rego check returns as unregistered so cant test drive it. Gonna give it this one a miss. The search continues.....sigh.

this one looks nice and tidy, apart from some paint needs touch up. the driver side bolster DOES hold really well after 6 owners, lol
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Yes it certainly looks the part. Does make you wonder though..
    Is there a sinister reason why a car would change that many hands in a short period of time. Major underlying problems perhaps?

Users Country Flag
    it has been sold, did you buy ?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    it has been sold, did you buy ?
    No. I let this one go through to the keeper.
    Had too many little things that bugged me.
    Black Front number plate bracket which attaches to the bumoer was missing.
    Holes drilled into the tailgate for larger style number plates.
    A few other missing body parts amongst others.
    Dont want to go on about it incase the new owner reads this thread.
    If he is i hope it treats him well, the paint looks awesome.

Users Country Flag
    Fair enough.

Just FYI, many owners do the front number plate holder delete for a tidy and clean looking, shouldn't worry about that. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    Fair enough.

Just FYI, many owners do the front number plate holder delete for a tidy and clean looking, shouldn't worry about that. Good luck!
    Mate thanks for the well wishes.
    Yeah i get the front plate holder bit i proabably would do the same its the back tailgate that would get to be every time i walk up to it.

Ok so finally.....

I purchased my R36 Wagon! Purchasing R36 Wagon
    MY10.5
    80,000km
    One owner
    Full VW service history
    Black
    Sunroof
    Reverse camera
    Bluetooth

Gave it a bath and it came up quite nice. There's a couple of pics below.

Once again thanks for your help above. Looking forward to getting stuck into a few little jobs on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by owen010101 View Post
    Ok so finally.....

I purchased my R36 Wagon! Purchasing R36 Wagon
    MY10.5
    80,000km
    One owner
    Full VW service history
    Black
    Sunroof
    Reverse camera
    Bluetooth
    Congratulations on the purchase. Hopefully it gives you years of driving pleasure.

Not sure what you ended up paying, however looks like you may have adjusted your target price to get the right car with the km/options.

What's the plans? Cut/polish and ceramic paint protection to remove all the fine swirls/scratches and bring back the shine? I've had a number of black cars and they're the worst for showing dirt and swirls in the paint.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Congratulations. It sounds like you've waited to find the right car. It looks good and those kms are low too.

So it has a RVC but no RNS510 - that's strange. If the RVC is a Highline version then it would be factory fitted otherwise likely to be retrofitted. Are you intending to retrofit the RNS510?
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC, RVC, BT 9w7, Tint and Factory Towbar.
    Atlantic Blue MY19.5 Golf GTI
    Options: Luxury Package and Sound & Style Package.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast