Thread: Passat CC BWS motor same as Passat R36 BWS?

Passat CC BWS motor same as Passat R36 BWS?

Hi all,
    Looking for more information on the BWS R36 motor. Is it interchangeable with the CC(b6) BWS? Both seem to be 220kw. Mine is totalled but I can salvage the head if need be.
    Much appreciated in advance!

Users Country Flag
    Same, although there are some subtle differences in later ones, from around 2012.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Cheers!!
    My one is a 2010.Wreckers charge way more for an R36 BWS over the CC BWS.

Users Country Flag
    2009-2010 is different also.
    Mine is a 2009 and it is Euro4 compliant.
    The MY10 BWS motor is Euro5 compliant so the ECU has different software and the engine has a different hardware revision.
    I have no idea what other changes there are to the engine and/or emissions systems to make it Euro5 but I'd love to know as I would like to ideally run the ECU software from an MY10...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks kamold.
    Swap engine and ECU then?
    The DSG might be different on the CC too i suppose.

Users Country Flag
    If you swap the ECU and the engine, then it would need to be immo matched to your CCM, or immo off.
    If the ECU is compatible with the engine then it would be easier to keep your ECU.

Not sure but I think the DSG on the R36 may have shorter ratios for faster 0-100 times?
    Last edited by kamold; 26-10-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If you swap the ECU and the engine, then it would need to be immo matched to your CCM, or immo off.
    If the ECU is compatible with the engine then it would be easier to keep your ECU.

Not sure but I think the DSG on the R36 may have shorter ratios for faster 0-100 times?
    I believe that the R36's DSG has a shorter 5th and 6th gear than the B7 and CC but I've never seen anything that tells me what those ratios are or what the final drive ratio is? Does anyone know?
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC, RVC, BT 9w7, Tint and Factory Towbar.
    Atlantic Blue MY19.5 Golf GTI
    Options: Luxury Package and Sound & Style Package.