Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overseas 19x9 +33 Omanyts

Users Country Flag

Good stuff buddy. I presume they are the standard colour the same as ours are now? If you google black R36 wagon there is one overseas that looks like it has grey 19 Omanyts. It looks sweeeeet!! Very smart.
    But I do like the Savannahs on Baboo's white sedan above. He is in Brisbane too so it would be good to catch up with him and scope them out at a meet sometime.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    Good stuff buddy. I presume they are the standard colour the same as ours are now? If you google black R36 wagon there is one overseas that looks like it has grey 19 Omanyts. It looks sweeeeet!! Very smart.
    But I do like the Savannahs on Baboo's white sedan above. He is in Brisbane too so it would be good to catch up with him and scope them out at a meet sometime.
    I think you might mean the R36 styling concept? Think those were a one off. These are the same colour as ours, you can see the exact wheels on the Tiguan in my first post.

I have been told by the supplier the wheels are on order should ship on the 8th. I take this to be a good sign that they do have all four available!
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Might have spoken too soon. They have updated my order to say on back order. I got an e-mail saying estimated December 8th, then e-mailed them asking if they could confirm they had all four, and they replied back saying no information or estimate yet, they may not even be available any more? lol
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Overseas 19x9 +33 Omanyts

I bought a set of replicas a year ago and they are still perfect despite the **** roads in Sydney and taking a few hard hits on pot holes with 44psi. They are omanyts 19x8.5 et45 replicas with 255-35r19 contisport-5p

@ $2400 complete with tyres they were significantly less than your paying with the best tyres you can get from St George tyres in Sydney.

Minimal rubbing all round unless you bounce it fast over speed humps then the inside rear rubs very slightly. Front rubs very slightly on inside wheel arch liner with full steering lock only and on the outside if your too rough with it over gutters and dips with a decent amount of steering lock. With 245/35 19 there would be zero rubbing.

R36 with Omanyts 19" replicas 255/35R19 ContiSport 5P - They feel unreal!
    Last edited by R36VW; 06-12-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    IceGrey MY10 R36 Sedan - Sunroof - Tint - Ipod - RNS510 NAV - 9W7 BT - Voice Control - Adap Cruise - Lane Assist - Front Assist - Adap Chassis - Omanyts 19" replicas 255/35R19 ContiSport 5P

Quote Originally Posted by R36VW View Post
    I bought a set of replicas a year ago and they are still perfect despite the **** roads in Sydney and taking a few hard hits on pot holes with 44psi. They are omanyts 19x8.5 et45 replicas with 255-35r19 contisport-5p

@ $2400 complete with tyres they were significantly less than your paying with the best tyres you can get from St George tyres in Sydney.

Minimal rubbing all round unless you bounce it fast over speed humps then the inside rear rubs very slightly. Front rubs very slightly on inside wheel arch liner with full steering lock only and on the outside if your too rough with it over gutters and dips with a decent amount of steering lock. With 245/35 19 there would be zero rubbing.

R36 with Omanyts 19" replicas 255/35R19 ContiSport 5P - They feel unreal!
    Appreciate the advice, but those wheels aren't for me. Don't like the fit or the shape. Also, they're not significantly less than I'm paying and I'd prefer the Asym 2 tyres to the 5P's. Although if it turns out they can't get more stock of the rims in in then I might just look at buying a couple of OEM replacements as the last owner hasn't rashed all of them, but I'm not interested in the reps because to me they look a bit obvious and they don't really fit much more aggressively than stock.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry for the thread revival but how did you go with these and rubbing in the end? I'm thinking of getting some 18x9" (with 235/40/18, possibly 245 later) for my R36 wagon but they only do them in ET35 which might be too aggressive. I'm hoping I can get at least ET40. Does anyone know how much clearance there is on the inside of the wheel? 9" + ET40 would reduce it by 9mm.
    '02 S3 & '09 R36 Wagon

Never managed to get a hold of them, gave up and bought a mint set of the original 18x8's to replace my rashed ones. I'm fitting spacers soon though, probably 20mm H&R hubcentrics.

Users Country Flag
    Would it be ok with 20mm? Looks like it'd rub with 20mm extra poke?

The wheels I really want only come in either 18x8.5" ET15-52mm or 18x9" ET35.

18x9" ET35 would look good but will sit in 4mm more on the inside and poke 22mm. Might be a little too much. I think the safer option would be the 18x8.5" but they don't look as good (less concave). I don't really want to muck around with rolling guards or fitting harder suspension. I have the S3 for that (which runs 17x9").
    '02 S3 & '09 R36 Wagon

Jakeys - mate i'm in the same boat, just got my black MY10 R36 Wag a few weeks ago - and it can really do with AT LEAST an extra 25mm 'poke' all round...

i was actually considering 19x9.5 +35 which by my measurements would fit in easily... i really like the look of the 19" Omanyts even though you loose the center cap and have the bolts exposed..

if you havn't bought spacers and longer bolts just yet shoot me a PM, i'm procuring some shortly and more volume = greater discounts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123