Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overseas 19x9 +33 Omanyts

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Going from 18x8 ET44 to 19x9 ET33 is around 23-24mm extra "poke" which is a lot (11mm higher offset plus 12.5mm in extra width on the outer edge of the rim).
    Indeed - I would expect noticeable bump steer, steering feedback forces and scrub (which you may or may not notice)
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    19x9 ET33 fitment is too aggressive for R36, it will rub both front and rear. maybe go OE optional Omanyt 19x8 ET44? or maybe Phaeton Omanyt 19x9 ET40? also some MTMs are similar to Omanyt.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    19x9 ET33 fitment is too aggressive for R36, it will rub both front and rear. maybe go OE optional Omanyt 19x8 ET44? or maybe Phaeton Omanyt 19x9 ET40? also some MTMs are similar to Omanyt.
    Based on what? I'm open to hearing thoughts but I've seen 19x9 +33 work on lots of R36's, and quite often they're lowered, whereas I'm retaining stock height. 19x8 +44 is nowhere near aggressive enough, the Phaeton ones could be an option, but I'd probably be looking at the same money.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    Overseas 19x9 +33 Omanyts-r36-jpg

I've got Savannahs. 19x9 +33. they sit ok.

Nice! Stock height by the looks of it too? Are you running 245 wide tyres or 235? That's perfect, exactly the fitment I'm after and on the same colour car, please as many photos as you can muster!
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    Interesting, I know people had rub issue on rear under loaded even on 18x8 et38...
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    Interesting, I know people had rub issue on rear under loaded even on 18x8 et38...
    I suspect you'd probably run into rub with this setup under full load too. But you'd need to pack it with weight, which I can't imagine I'll ever need to do, and even then you could investigate guard rolling (I'd rather avoid permanent solutions like that) or just put the stocks back on. Not exactly practical if you needed to haul a lot of weight regularly, but the same could be said for things like lowering springs or coilovers.

I just bought the Omanyts. 19x9 +33 bring it on, baby.

Users Country Flag
    You bugger! What was the damage mate? Looking forward to seeing what they look mate. How long?
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    You bugger! What was the damage mate? Looking forward to seeing what they look mate. How long?
    Regarding the price, I'm a bit hesitant to say, although at least I will say it's cheaper than originally anticipated which is why I've gone a bit early on them. I'm waiting to make sure they will rock up, I feel like I will get like an e-mail from VW "Oh sorry we only have three left" or "Oh that was a glitch in the part system" or something as they are my dream wheels and they came in quite a lot cheaper than I was expecting. I would have paid the full $4000ish originally quoted eventually too... although not the outlandish $7400 quoted by VW Australia. Should find out this arvo or maybe Monday if they have all four to ship. It's Fedex Priority so it could even be mid next week these things rock up.

Tyres for that size aren't cheap, luckily I've got a contact who works for Goodyear now who can supply the top of the line Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's for an awesome $1000 a set 245/35R19, which is crazy discounted. Even my local guy with a 30+% discount could only do like $1250. So potentially I could have them fitted late Jan. This is working out to be a good Christmas for me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast