Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Obscure Features

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hey Hillbilly, appreciate the PM, I concur with Passat R36 though, you're describing a B7 specific feature. Still good to have in the thread for those B7 owners that wander through.

How much money/difficulty is it to upgrade the driver door module, I wonder? Would looove power fold. How does the remote fold the mirrors too, all the time with lock?
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    There may yet be a way to do remote folding....
    I need to get my controller out and change some data in the EEPROM to see if it works.

Alternative is to replace all 4 door controllers with Gen4. The Gen3 controllers are all individually attached to the convenience CANbus whereas the gen4 controllers have the rears slaved to the fronts via LIN. This is the way they are configured in all newer VWs I've seen.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    There may yet be a way to do remote folding....
    I need to get my controller out and change some data in the EEPROM to see if it works.

Alternative is to replace all 4 door controllers with Gen4. The Gen3 controllers are all individually attached to the convenience CANbus whereas the gen4 controllers have the rears slaved to the fronts via LIN. This is the way they are configured in all newer VWs I've seen.

Controllers sounds not promising for simplicity! If it's not plug and play and cheap it's probably not worth it. Keep us posted on a software solution if at all possible! While you're in there, make my car needle stage cause I can't enable that on my MY10.5.
    Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Does this help with the folding mirrors?
    2008 Passat folding mirrors

If it does cool, I'd need to figure out how to use it with obdeleven.

Users Country Flag

No those instructions are for an A4, not Passat.
    I'll try and get to pulling my controller out and reflashing the eeprom later this week.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345